Cheap vet/medication dog food?

Jillessa

Recently my vet told me that my dog would do better with non-allergy dog food. I've been buying it at St. Mary's Vet, but I feel like it's expensive and so I'm wondering if other vets carry this non-allergy food.
Also, is there a consensus on the cheapest/best vet in town?
Thanks,
Jill

frequentflier

happy to be living
Recently my vet told me that my dog would do better with non-allergy dog food. I've been buying it at St. Mary's Vet, but I feel like it's expensive and so I'm wondering if other vets carry this non-allergy food.
Also, is there a consensus on the cheapest/best vet in town?
Thanks,
Jill

Can you be more specific what "non-allergy" food is or what your dog is allergic to?
Better quality foods DO cost more whether it be from a vet or a pet supply store. It is worth the price if you want the best for your pets!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Can you be more specific what "non-allergy" food is or what your dog is allergic to?
Better quality foods DO cost more whether it be from a vet or a pet supply store. It is worth the price if you want the best for your pets!

Non allergy food is typically single source protien and carbs from sources that typically aren't known for food allergies. My dog is allergic to corn, poultry, eggs, beef, barley and a host of other things. She's on fish and sweet potato food purchased from Petco.

jbooty

Non allergy food is typically single source protien and carbs from sources that typically aren't known for food allergies. My dog is allergic to corn, poultry, eggs, beef, barley and a host of other things. She's on fish and sweet potato food purchased from Petco.

Was the sweet potato and fish "Wellness" Brand? In a blue bag? I used to have my dog on that but have had her on the Purina Naturals chicken for about a year now and she seems to do alright.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Nutro sells a holistic dog food with all natural ingredients. Or you can make your own food - rice - chicken/beef - veggies. My dogs get canned green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes and fresh apples for treats. You can also buy jarred baby food and mix it with rice the baby sweet potatoes, my Chi will attack you if she sees the jar - she loves them.

T

toppick08

Nutro sells a holistic dog food with all natural ingredients. Or you can make your own food - rice - chicken/beef - veggies. My dogs get canned green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes and fresh apples for treats. You can also buy jarred baby food and mix it with rice the baby sweet potatoes, my Chi will attack you if she sees the jar - she loves them.

How's my GS girl doing.???

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Was the sweet potato and fish "Wellness" Brand? In a blue bag? I used to have my dog on that but have had her on the Purina Naturals chicken for about a year now and she seems to do alright.

Both Nature's Recipe and Natural Balance make it. I get whichever is on sale. Dog is allergic to chicken and turkey. :ohwell: