What does it take to be a FARM in calvert county??

cosmo00

What constitutes a farm around here. So much land, so many animals, different kinds of animals? I have heard so many different things. at least 3 acres, so many of 3 different types of animals, to sell at least $2500.00 worth of stuff a year. What is the bottom line?? when does the word farm help out in your taxes? and how much do you have to okay with the county??

vbailey

vbailey
I live on a Farm Sted ( 20 acres ) but I think you only need 15 to call it a farm sted. we don't have any animals or grow anything. Unless you count my yellow lab, and weeds as something. We do have a lot of Deer, foxes, wild turkeys, etc. We live in St. Mary's.

SLIM

What constitutes a farm around here. So much land, so many animals, different kinds of animals? I have heard so many different things. at least 3 acres, so many of 3 different types of animals, to sell at least $2500.00 worth of stuff a year. What is the bottom line?? when does the word farm help out in your taxes? and how much do you have to okay with the county??
:howdy:
Cowgirl is right. Call Planning and Zoning as well as the Land Tax Office. They will be more than happy to answer your questions and/or let you know who can!

cosmo00

Yes thanks

:howdy:
Did you find what you were looking for?
:snacks:

yes i did. we called the county and found out. I know i read somewhere in the county that it had to be 3 acres they said 5 and your house counts as 1 so you would at least have to have 6 full acres. then came the 1 cow to 25 chickens animal vs size.

SLIM

yes i did. we called the county and found out. I know i read somewhere in the county that it had to be 3 acres they said 5 and your house counts as 1 so you would at least have to have 6 full acres. then came the 1 cow to 25 chickens animal vs size.

:yay: