Camping?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Tent, Cabin or RV? Showers & flush toilets or check the outhouse for spiders first? Hiking, nature trails, fishing...whatcha looking for?

SeaRide

For general question like yours.. use search engine like google.com and enter "camping near md va"

cheerios

runnerboy1500

personal opinions

Point Lookout-hit or miss....generally miss. Lots of loud folks and trouble down there

On Base-I love it, especially the Gooseneck Creek spots

Swallow Falls-A lot of fun, loads of trails and fishing. Great for taking pictures.

Deep Creek Lake-Loads of fun, more water recreation.

Bethpage Campground- That is in Virginia. It is an RV campground. Fishing canoe kayak rentals, fishing, man made lake with huge water moon bounce thing, pools and tennis court.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
KOA Harper's Ferry, WV but I don't think you allowed to have conversations louder than a whisper after sunset.

devenny99

There are many campgrounds within 150 miles of the nation's Capitol. There is King's Dominion campground (if you like to go to the amusement park - really nothing to do in the campground); there is the Gettysburg area (for lots of history if your kids are that old - quite a number of campgrounds in that area; there is the Navy Rec Center at Solomons (if you are military or DOD or even military contractor); then there is Grey's Point Campground (not far from Beth Page (my husband and I think it is a little nicer than Beth Page). Harpers Ferry KOA is very expensive because they nickle and dime you to death. As was already said, if you google campgrounds in the area, I'm sure you will come up with quite a few. If I can offer you any more assistance, you can PM me.:cheers:

Beth Page, Va.
Jellystone Luray, Va.
Jellystone Hargerstown, Va.

Bethpage is EXCELLENT! We love it there!

Been to Jellystone in Luray once - definitely a place to revisit...

Have not been to the one in Hagerstown (it's in MD), but heard it is very nice since they re-did the water-park/pool area.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Do you want resorts or just a tad more rustic - I never rough it though.

We love Westmoreland State Park in VA and in MD our favorite so far has been the Yogi in Hagerstown/Williamsport. We also have enjoyed Cunningham Falls and Patapsco Valley state parks - both in Maryland. If you have access to it the Navy rec center over in Solomons is awesome.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I just went to Deep Creek Lake last weekend. The campground was virtually empty because it's not 'camping season' yet - but I was really happy. They only had one bathhouse open which wasn't a problem. It was nice and quiet, nature galore (deer visiting at night as well as an albino skunk). Fishing wasn't bad, boating = fun, sunshine = sunburnt!

It's a bit of a drive though - From the College Park area it took us about 3 hours to get there (then again we were hauling a boat).