TASTE OF SOLOMONS

UGOTKERN

THE OTHER DAY I SAW A ADVERTISEMENT ON SOMD.COM FOR THE TASTE OF SOLOMONS. THEY ADVERTISED THAT YOU COULD BUY A BOOK OF TICKETS FOR $25 (A $5 SAVINGS FROM BUYING TICKETS SEPERATE). TODAY AT THE TICKET BOOTH THEY WERE $30 A BOOK (NO SAVINGS). I PURCHASED 2 BOOKS AND I FEEL THAT I WAS OVERCHARGED BY $10. DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY? NOT TO MENTION AT THE TICKET BOOTH IT WOULD OF BEEN NICE IF THEY POSTED THE RESTAURANTS THAT BACKED OUT OF PARTICIPATING IN TODAYS EVENT. ALSO I CALLED THE # LISTED ON THE AD, KAREN (THE PERSON RUNNING THIS EVENT) CLEARLY POINTS OUT THAT A BOOK OF TICKETS IS $25....

UGOTKERN

actually if you read the ad then call the # listed then you'll hear that the price should be $25 for the book of tickets or $3 per ticket. why offer a booklet before and during the event if your not going to save any $$$. trust me i researched this... if you call the # they listed you will see that i'm 100% correct...

UGOTKERN

actually if you read the ad then call the # listed then you'll hear that the price should be $25 for the book of tickets or $3 per ticket. why offer a booklet before and during the event if your not going to save any $$$. trust me i researched this... if you call the # they listed you will see that i'm 100% correct...

UGOTKERN

I PLAN ON GETTING MY REFUND FOR THE DIFFERANCE. I SIMPLY POSTED THIS TO INFORM OTHERS THAT THEY WERE OVERCHARGED IF THEY PAID $30 FOR A BOOK OF TICKETS...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I attended last year and this year and did the pay as you go thing.  I know I can't eat that much so a book of tickets is not cost effective for me.  We had no trouble last year.

This year, my sister and I were told at The Wharf (Saturday) that we HAD to purchase the whole book of tickets,  and were not allowed to pay as we go.   Bogus to us, so we told them no thanks and got up to leave.  At that point, they (mgmt?) decided to break up their book of tickets so we could stay.  

Not a good way to drum up business as far as I am concerned.... :nono:

(Edited by RoseRed at 7:04 am on Mar. 18, 2002)