St Mary's Co Fairgrounds/May 10th!!

SoftballCrazy

The St. Mary's Animal Welfare League's Fourth Annual Animal Fair is this Saturday, May 10th from 10AM-3PM at the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds.

Come see the wonderful pets for adoption at Second Hope Rescue's table! Many other rescue groups will be there, w/ great animals that need forever homes.

There will be dog games, animal adoptions, a pet pageant, pet parade, children's games, pony rides, and many more fun activities to fill the day.

Attachments

• Schedule of Events.doc
    21 KB · Views: 159

frequentflier

happy to be living
The St. Mary's Animal Welfare League's Fourth Annual Animal Fair is this Saturday, May 10th from 10AM-3PM at the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds.

Come see the wonderful pets for adoption at Second Hope Rescue's table! Many other rescue groups will be there, w/ great animals that need forever homes.

There will be dog games, animal adoptions, a pet pageant, pet parade, children's games, pony rides, and many more fun activities to fill the day.

I wish I could be there :-( This is supposed to be the biggest and best one yet! Have fun and hope you all get lots of applications!

slbjgb2

Rescue groups are coming from as far as Severna Park, Abingdon, Silver Spring, Woodbridge VA, also local rescue groups will be there. It will be a great day.:starcat:

I'll be there at noon. Of course, I'll be there for a Day Camp meeting, not the animal fair, but my kids will enjoy the animals while I talk Day Camp.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Rescue groups are coming from as far as Severna Park, Abingdon, Silver Spring, Woodbridge VA, also local rescue groups will be there. It will be a great day.:starcat:

I was told they have a lot of great vendors as well! Wish I could be there this year! I hope the weather turns out good for you all.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

What about BBQ? ANy good BBQ there?

International cuisine?

Korean appetizers maybe?

unixpirate

Pitty Party
A very good turn out

today.

Good job Second Hope Rescue!

The weather cooperated and the people came:yay:

Attachments

• 0510081300a.jpg
    0510081300a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 0510081302a.jpg
    0510081302a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 138

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
Just remember....Courage..........was a good day. If any of you were there for the whole day, or at least half the day I am sure you will now know who I am, haha

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Just remember....Courage..........was a good day. If any of you were there for the whole day, or at least half the day I am sure you will now know who I am, haha

Is this Courage's foster?

He did great, thanks for taking him, he needed you!

Unix - great pictures, that was a wonderful idea for the groups to walk with their banners!

remax - sorry I missed you... had an adoption that morning (next time I hear from Dutch he will bark with an accent, his new home is in Long Island, long drive but well worth it to get an awesome companion and for him to get a wonderful forever home!).

Anyway I showed up late with Jeff and Mutt-Mutt - these two are best friends and showed up at a home together one night, after trying in vain to find their owner's they are looking for a new home, preferably together... so if you are currently "dogless" and would like to have two already best friends, please contact us to meet these guys!

Great Job SMAWL for hosting this event!

R

redhotmomma

I wanted to go so bad I found out to late. My son will 3 next month and we wanted to get him a dog.

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
"Is this Courage's foster?

He did great, thanks for taking him, he needed you!"

I am, he is a very good boy. Had a good day yesterday.

SoftballCrazy

"Is this Courage's foster?

He did great, thanks for taking him, he needed you!"

I am, he is a very good boy. Had a good day yesterday.
I want some hush money or I'm posting the pie eating contest pics. :lmao:

Courage did great for his first showing! Thank you for fostering him. :flowers:

Thanks to SMAWL for inviting us and getting our pups out in the public eye.

unixpirate

Pitty Party

Post the Polly, Paris and us pic on the bench.

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'

wait until Tuesday, might be in the enterprise :jameo:

haha..

BarbinMD

wait until Tuesday, might be in the enterprise :jameo:

haha..

Thank you to everyone who came out to support SMAWL's Fourth Annual Animal Fair. Although the weather was not wonderful and we had to make some last minute adjustments, things went off well. As soon as we have the date confirmed for next year's we'll be sure to post it here, so you can mark it on your calendars. We already have some ideas for new events and activities that will add to the excitement.

We appreciate all the support we received from vendors, rescue groups, volunteers, sponsors, attendees and everyone who supported us in anyway. We hope you all had a pawsitively wonderful time! Our volunteers work very hard to put this event on each year, but it's worth it when we see the people and animals having the opportunity to spend the day together and to see the homeless animals being adopted.

I hope animals were adopted on Saturday or at least received some additional exposure. I'm sure we educated a few more people about animal rescue and alerted them to the fact of just how many animals are out there who need homes. A special thank you to all of our rescue group volunteers who dedicate so much time every day to the animals and thank you for taking yet another Saturday to volunteer for the animals.

We hope to see you all at Animal Fair 2009!

Barb
SMAWL President