Good Mechanic Prince Frederick area

heronaj

Anybody know of a good, well priced mechanic in or around Prince Frederick? I have 2 cars that need work and I don't just want to roll the dice and take a risk.
Thanks!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Prince fredrick industrial park, place called prolink talk to Mark, they do great work and are not over priced.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Anybody know of a good, well priced mechanic in or around Prince Frederick? I have 2 cars that need work and I don't just want to roll the dice and take a risk.
Thanks!

Its a crap shoot, never know what you are gonna get. I have used both Mr Tire and ProLink, as mentioned above, and wasn't happy with either. Mr Tire's mechanic wouldn't look at a car of mine cuz the engine was covered with oil..duh, that why I brought it in..(bout 6 yrs ago)..ProLink put a clutch in a truck of mine and the transmission never shifted right again( original clutch didn't fail, had 110k on truck and wanted a new clutch to guard against it failing). Good mechanics and shops that stand behind their work are few and far between nowadays, good luck.

heronaj

Its a crap shoot, never know what you are gonna get. ......Good mechanics and shops that stand behind their work are few and far between nowadays, good luck.

I know. I miss my small town where I grew up and everyone knew everyone. My mechanic I used there was in the National Guard with my Dad.

A friend of mine recomended Calvert Auto in Huntingtown. I took the minor repair up there --- will see how it goes before I take the bigger one.

Thanks to all for your suggestions!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Mr Tire's mechanic wouldn't look at a car of mine cuz the engine was covered with oil..duh, that why I brought it in..(bout 6 yrs ago)..ProLink put a clutch in a truck of mine and the transmission never shifted right again

Thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard, mechanic needs to go back to school or get a new job, sounds the guy we work with doesnt want to get wet but we wash aircraft.

Ive had prolink do a complete rear end rebuild on a 89 s10 blazer, no problems 3 years later, getting ready to have them replace the rear main seal, 4.3l common issue. They also did my girls cavy when the a/c went to hell, still works like new. I know different people have different experiences. Ive never seen anything as bad as what they did to my girls car when it was at the guy behind Mckays in hollywood, pieces missing, work charged for but not done, used parts put in place of new. If i cant fix it il take it to a mech otherwise im pretty good with what needs to be done.

Last edited:

heronaj

Took both cars to Calvert Auto in Huntingtown and was very pleased with the service. They were so willing to accomodate my needs. I will definitely go back!

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I work in the Industrial Park and take my car to ProLink as do the majority of my coworkers and we've been quite happy with them.

I've also used Coastal for some stuff as well.