Gettysburg July 4th Reenactment

Elle

Happy Camper!
The other thread about the campgrounds got me to thinking - has anyone ever been to the Annual Gettysburg Civil War Reenactment Hubby has been wanting to go here for as long as I can remember so I finally caved and we have reservations to camp there the weekend of July 4th. Looking at the website I'm thinking we'll probably only get tickets for the Saturday events but is it something that I should consider splurging on and getting the multi day passes? We are not civil war buffs however have been to numerous battlefields and know a little history - this is more just something to take the kids to and watch. Will more than one day be too boring?

Gwydion

You will only really care to spend one full day at the re-enactments. Its like going to the renfest...its awesome for one full day, but the next morning you just don't really care anymore.

That being said, if you can get some bikes and hit the trails all around Gettysburg, you can do your own sight-seeing tour...and some of the sites are simply stunning.

Have fun!

Ooo and do the ghost tours...they are really scary at nite.