Which is better

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
I'm looking to get a new system. Which one do you all think is better? A PS3 or a XBox360. I have a PS2 now and I think that you can play those games on the PS3. But which one has the better graphics? And which one is a better buy in your opinon? TIA

Gwydion

Get a Wii. Any good game that you can play on either of those two systems you can play more effectively on a PC.

The PS3 has better graphics....but the 360 has more "better" games

itsbob

I bowl overhand
PS 3 comes with a Blu Ray DVD player. For the same price of a stand alone BluRay player you get a game system too.

warneckutz

I'm looking to get a new system. Which one do you all think is better? A PS3 or a XBox360. I have a PS2 now and I think that you can play those games on the PS3. But which one has the better graphics? And which one is a better buy in your opinon? TIA

Graphics are about even right now. Certain websites have compared the two and a lot of the times the 360 comes out on top, slightly. The 360 has a strong on-line community (which you pay for) but the PS3 will probably catch up.

I don't think the latest generation of PS3 machines play the PS2 (not entirely sure). I think they're just geared towards pushing the latest technology (including Blu-Ray).

I have a 360 and a Wii but I want to get a PS3 when the new Metal Gear Solid game arrives.

Xaquin44

you can not play PS2 games on PS3 (they removed that), but you can play PS1 games.

honestly, I'd get a Wii and/or an Xbox 360

Xbox has way more games then the PS3 and most games that come to PS3 also go to Xbox 360.

Also, they are making a BR add on for the 360 that will be out eventually.

warneckutz

:yeahthat: The video format (HD-DVD) on the Wii and Xbox will be obsolete.

Microsoft killed of their HD-DVD add-on as soon as Blu-Ray was announced the winner. The Wii never got into that format battle, it just plays the Wii and Gamecube games.

warneckutz

Never really understood what everyone liked about the Wii's.....

I think it's fun to break it out now and again. Mario Kart is fun and I want to get the Wii Fit. It offers basic yoga moves and such. One of our trainers told me I'm the best example of what poor flexibility is all about :ohwell: so I'm willing to give this a shot, looks like it'll be entertaining too. :yay:

thurley42

HY;FR
whew

Smash Bros
Mario Galaxy
Mario Cart
Okami
Zelda

also, a slew of the best light gun games ever

Ghost Squad
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
and others

ok...now i Understand why I don't like it...none of those games interest me in the least....:lmao:
GTA and COD 4 are the only non EA Sports games i've purchased in years...I normally only play NCAA and Madden NBA Live, TW, or MLB.

warneckutz

ok...now i Understand why I don't like it...none of those games interest me in the least....:lmao:
GTA and COD 4 are the only non EA Sports games i've purchased in years...I normally only play NCAA and Madden NBA Live, TW, or MLB.

I like NBA 2K8 over NBA Live. EA seems to be getting better at the basketball game again but it just seems NBA 2K8 flows smoother.

warneckutz

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm gonna go with the XBox360. Thanks again.

:yahoo: If you purchase the LIVE! Service (and you should!!!!) let us know your GamerTag...

Games to get:

Grand Theft Auto IV (multi-player = awesome, game is awesome!)
Call of Duty 4 (multi-player = awesome, game is awesome!)
Rock Band (just plain fun...)

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
:yahoo: If you purchase the LIVE! Service (and you should!!!!) let us know your GamerTag...

Games to get:

Grand Theft Auto IV (multi-player = awesome, game is awesome!)
Call of Duty 4 (multi-player = awesome, game is awesome!)
Rock Band (just plain fun...)

Ok not to sound like a tard but by "live" service you mean to be able to play online, right?

Junk411

That sounds like it would be pretty cool.

You get the first month free!

When you make your live account, just tell them you don't want the gold service and they give you 30 days to try it out anyway. Aint that sweet!!