Virginia Beach, VA

mdgirlie

Going to Virginia Beach next month and looking for some fun things to do...things that don't involve too much action because we are expecting a baby. Haven't been to Virginia Beach in 14 years. If anyone knows of any fun, sight-seeing, etc. attractions there please let me know.

usagent

Going to Virginia Beach next month and looking for some fun things to do...things that don't involve too much action because we are expecting a baby. Haven't been to Virginia Beach in 14 years. If anyone knows of any fun, sight-seeing, etc. attractions there please let me know.

End of the Boardwalk @ 0945 on Friday's. Bring camera.

P.S. Frogmen like beer

jenbengen

Watch it

Do you have other children coming with you? We are leaving for there today!

If you have children coming with you- the aquarium is great (actually it is great without kids, too). There are several nice museums in the area (a kid's museum in Portsmouth, Air and Space museum, a couple of art museums). They are all nice. There are always great concerts at the VB Ampitheater, if you feel like rockin' that baby in the belly.

Two great links are below. There is always something fun to do. :yay:

HamptonRoads.com: Places to Go -

Local Events | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Last edited:

Mojo

The Tard Gang will be down there in full effect next month :clap:

hollywoman

There are lots of stuff in Va Beach.....

This website has alot of info Visit Hampton Roads Virginia
Virginia Aquarium
Motorworld
Ocean Breeze Water Park
Zoo
Take in a Tides Game
Botonical Gardens
Putt Putt Golf
Lighthouses at Ft. Story
Waterfront at Norfolk
Strawberry Festival (Memorial Weekend) in Pungo

jenbengen

Watch it
There are lots of stuff in Va Beach.....

This website has alot of info Visit Hampton Roads Virginia
Virginia Aquarium
Motorworld
Ocean Breeze Water Park
Zoo
Take in a Tides Game
Botonical Gardens
Putt Putt Golf
Lighthouses at Ft. Story
Waterfront at Norfolk
Strawberry Festival (Memorial Weekend) in Pungo

I will be at that strawberry festival! :yay: We are in process of moving there, so I'll be spending a lot of weekends in the area.

The zoo is really nice. I'd do that to, if you feel like walking a little.

limblips

PREMO Member

Various Locations
12 blocks along the Virginia Beach Oceanfront Boardwalk
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

The Boardwalk Art Show and Festival is one of the oldest and best outdoor fine art shows on the Eastern Seaboard. Produced by the Contemporary Art Center of Virginia, it is ranked as one of the top 15 fine art shows in the country by Sunshine Artist Magazine. This four-day festival features fine art, great shopping, and live entertainment for the entire family.

Date: Open Daily
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - Sunday, June 15, 2008

I go every year, this is a great show.

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
I went about 2 years ago with my family. If the weather is nice, you could always take a walk up&down the boardwalk. (I don't know how far along you are though...its a long walk...). There's lots of statues/monuments/etc. along it, and of course tons of restaurants and shops right across the street...Its simple, but you said you were looking for something that didn't require much activity...Usually at night, there will be live music playing on the boardwalk in several spots...

The aquarium was cool too. Its bigger than the one in Calvert, so you get to see more variety of live creatures.
Depending on where you stay, you could probably also save gas by riding those trolly/bus things. They stop at all the major attractions.

Have fun and enjoy your trip!! :starcat:

slotted

I'm currently taken. PM Nitwit. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
aquarium, science center, edgar casey foundation thingy,

just look around tons of stuff to do.

mdgirlie

Do you have other children coming with you? We are leaving for there today!

If you have children coming with you- the aquarium is great (actually it is great without kids, too). There are several nice museums in the area (a kid's museum in Portsmouth, Air and Space museum, a couple of art museums). They are all nice. There are always great concerts at the VB Ampitheater, if you feel like rockin' that baby in the belly.

Two great links are below. There is always something fun to do. :yay:

HamptonRoads.com: Places to Go -

Local Events | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Thanks! Will definitely check out these links. Just I and the hubby going there in a couple of weeks. Hope you have fun!

Elle

Happy Camper!
VA Beach will never be the same. :buddies:

I think we are going 4th of July.

We went last year and camped at First Landing State Park up north of the boardwalk. If you want a really low key (not crowded) but terrific fireworks display -go here - sit on the beach and enjoy the show.

If you have kids going with you make sure you plan to stop at the Children's Museum in Portsmouth .