Xp Help!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Trying to put the stuff from my CDs onto my new hard drive, and am not sure what to do to get my PC to see the CD in the drive. It did one just fine, and now I can't do it again. I'm clicking on the 'my computer' icon and don't see the CD I've stuck in there anywhere. :confused:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by PFgal
Trying to put the stuff from my CDs onto my new hard drive, and am not sure what to do to get my PC to see the CD in the drive. It did one just fine, and now I can't do it again. I'm clicking on the 'my computer' icon and don't see the CD I've stuck in there anywhere. :confused:

I had some problems with mine too. Is it a problem with every CD (try three or four) or just the one.

XP was having trouble seeing one of my disks, but I tried another one and it worked just fine.

My guess is that my cd was a dud.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Xp Help!

Originally posted by sleuth14
I had some problems with mine too. Is it a problem with every CD (try three or four) or just the one.

XP was having trouble seeing one of my disks, but I tried another one and it worked just fine.

My guess is that my cd was a dud.

It seems to be all of them. CD #1 was fine, #2 did part-way, then stopped. Now, nada!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: Xp Help!

It seems to be all of them. CD #1 was fine, #2 did part-way, then stopped. Now, nada!

:shrug:
get easy cd creater

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mine did that. The optical doohickey was dirty and couldn't "see" the CD so I just wiped it off and it's been fine ever since.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Ask Larry, I'm sure he can fix it for you. :killingme

mainman

Set Trippin
Got it!! I restarted the PC and it's working fine now. Who knows! At least the sucker is working now!
Did you know that rebooting will fix around 99 out of 100 problems? :cheesy:

FireLadie

Got it!! I restarted the PC and it's working fine now. Who knows! At least the sucker is working now!

With windows the best rule of thumb is: When all else fails, Reboot! else, kick it! :razz2:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by FireLadie
... When all else fails, Reboot! else, kick it! :razz2:
I dunno... Kicking doesn't seem to work as well as it did in the days of vacuum tubes. :ohwell: