I need a vet

R

redhotmomma

I was going to go to St. Mary's Vet Hospital. has anyone heard any good or bad things about this place. I need a good reasonable priced.

M

Mousebaby

I was going to go to St. Mary's Vet Hospital. has anyone heard any good or bad things about this place. I need a good reasonable priced.

Excellent hospital, they are pricey. You get what you pay for though. I have been with them for 16 yrs. They have their own credit card, it's through Care Credit. With all my critters it comes in handy. I hear there are less expensive places, but I have gone with them for so long and I have NEVER really had any problems and what problems I did have they were solved immediately! Dr. Forrest owns the hospital and he is a really great guy and is extremely friendly! I highly recommend them! :yay:

da6bearz

I Love Love Love Three Notch Vet!!! I once had a dog in labor and they were willing to come in after hours to help her!!

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I use St. Mary's Vet Hospital for my personal dogs and have seen almost all the vets there and I like them all.

I had used Three Notch for about 12 years or so when one of my dogs was dying on a weekend, it was due to the meds but that wasn't what upset me, I knew we were trying last ditch efforts, what thoroughly turned me off to them was the fact that the vet I had used for the 12 years would NOT come to my house to put my dog out of her misery, instead telling me they opened at 9:00 a.m. (Monday) and I could bring her in then. I told them she was DYING. My girl finally passed away at about 3/4:00 a.m. and that was after I told her to not hang on anymore for me that I would be fine..... The vet had the balls to call my office around 11:00 wanting to know if I was bringing her in or not.... My co-worker said obviously not since she had died. I NEVER heard from my vet. After a few weeks when I was better I went in to get my records and the receptionist asked about her, I broke down and told her what happened, I told her I wanted my records and that as far as I was concerned from that point forward I was going to make sure to let my feelings be known about their practice, that I would NEVER recommend them again and in fact I would do the opposite.

In my opinion they (Three Notch) are in it purely for the money, the vets that have been there the longest lost their compassion years ago.

tommyjones

I use St. Mary's Vet Hospital for my personal dogs and have seen almost all the vets there and I like them all.

I had used Three Notch for about 12 years or so when one of my dogs was dying on a weekend, it was due to the meds but that wasn't what upset me, I knew we were trying last ditch efforts, what thoroughly turned me off to them was the fact that the vet I had used for the 12 years would NOT come to my house to put my dog out of her misery, instead telling me they opened at 9:00 a.m. (Monday) and I could bring her in then. I told them she was DYING. My girl finally passed away at about 3/4:00 a.m. and that was after I told her to not hang on anymore for me that I would be fine..... The vet had the balls to call my office around 11:00 wanting to know if I was bringing her in or not.... My co-worker said obviously not since she had died. I NEVER heard from my vet. After a few weeks when I was better I went in to get my records and the receptionist asked about her, I broke down and told her what happened, I told her I wanted my records and that as far as I was concerned from that point forward I was going to make sure to let my feelings be known about their practice, that I would NEVER recommend them again and in fact I would do the opposite.

In my opinion they (Three Notch) are in it purely for the money, the vets that have been there the longest lost their compassion years ago.

you can add lynn fenwick in leonardtown and solomons vet to that list. Both have used shadey "used car salesmen" tactics when i have been in with my pets

S

sportspartier

:frown: that stinks...sorry to hear the sad news

i'm surprisd that they were jerks like that..

R

remaxrealtor

Excellent hospital, they are pricey. You get what you pay for though. I have been with them for 16 yrs. They have their own credit card, it's through Care Credit. With all my critters it comes in handy. I hear there are less expensive places, but I have gone with them for so long and I have NEVER really had any problems and what problems I did have they were solved immediately! Dr. Forrest owns the hospital and he is a really great guy and is extremely friendly! I highly recommend them! :yay:

Same here...they are very personal and caring.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
you can add lynn fenwick in leonardtown and solomons vet to that list. Both have used shadey "used car salesmen" tactics when i have been in with my pets

I left Lynn when she wanted to see my old boxer "one more time" before writing her the script I needed for a wheel chair..I said..You know she can not walk..nothing has changed..will this visit cost me again ..the wheel chair is $500 she said YES...I called back for my records...

Oh this was after I called and never got an answer back from the vet when I needed her...to see if I needed to come in...then I called and said get my records I am coming to get them..then I got a call back..about why are you taking your records..not..how is your old dog.. :ohwell: I had really liked her up until then spent thousands with her..

GallopNTec

I used to work @ St.Mary's Vet Hosp- I still take my pets there. Dr.Forrest is wonderful!
I second the recomendation

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"

I have never been to either of them but I had heard the same thing about Lynn Fenwick and especially her prices.

tommyjones

I have never been to either of them but I had heard the same thing about Lynn Fenwick and especially her prices.

I had a lab with hip problems. Lynn had done all the tests and we decided that nothing should be done (cost v. amount of comfort gained).
When i went out of town my folks were watching the dog and she pulled her hamstring. th3ey took her to the vet. Lynn put the hard sell on them to the tune of $400 and wanted me to continue a series of shots that ended up costing over $500 more. Never helped, just like we had decdied it wold n't previously.

Then there was the time a frined took her cat, which had been squeezed by a pit buul, to her. Instead of saying "all we can do is make it easy on the poor little fella" she put extreme efoort into saying it for 3 days only to send it home to die. $1500 bill

For solomons, i used to really like them, they only did what you asked and didn't guilt you over the optional things. then i guess they changed hands. I took my lab in (13 yo barely getting around) because she has a growth on her eyelid. basically a big stye but it looks uncomfortable. I just wanted to get a price to have it removed. I was figuring a couple of hundred. Well they did a bunch of tests during the exam and say her eye is fine, but we should have it removed. I say i dont want to do anything "extra" just get it cut off. The Dr leaves and sends in a cute "assistant".
She brings me the estimate for $1200, which included lab work on the tumor and a bunch of other BS. I told her that was rediculous, then she starts dropping off services until they got down to around $700. I felt like i was in the finance department at a car dealership....I guess they thought i was going to open my wallet for some blonde because i am a guy.

anyway, i say "nevermind" and go to leave. only to find out that the "office visit" didn't include any of the eye exam (although no consumables were used and only visual inspections were preformed) i got a bill for about $150. For a 5 minute visit with the Dr where they did absolutely NOTHING TO HELP MY DOG.

Never going back to either.

As i was walking out they sent the cutest girl out to guilt me into getting the operation.