Forum camping trip?

bcp

In My Opinion
Idea from another thread.
what say you all about doing a 3 or 4 day weekend camping trip somewhere?
maybe Gettysburg or Williamsburg or even Va bch?
Im not even opposed to something in Maryland that is closer for people.
Im thinking something toward the end of july, but, thats up to everyone here, not just me.

any Ideas?

I picture the men folk sitting around drinking beer and smoking cigars while the kids play happily nearby, the women folk serving the men folk with beer and food when requested...

maybe some of those people with the bigger accommodation's can make room for some of those that dont camp on a regular basis.
I have room for another couple that would have only a couple girls.. NO BOYS IN THE CAMPER WITH SKILLET GIRL... you understand.:lmao:

ok, maybe the picture needs some adjustment also, at least, thats what panlady says, so, as soon as I get back from getting the pan gash closed in my head, I will be checking back in on this thread.

bcp

In My Opinion
just thought of something.
for the shy people, we get a campground that has WIFI, then you can hide in the camper or tent and talk to us through the forum. We can roll the occasional beer past the door for you.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
We are interested. I have been looking for a good campground to terrorise. Let us know which one. They may have asked us not to return. Ha.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Can you go some place that is near a Hilton or Holiday Inn or one that has cabins with real bathrooms? If so, I'd go.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
:yeahthat:

My camping trip last weekend ended up at a hotel. :lmao:

Dr told me the story about the spider you saw when he was re-planting your "tree" (not using the word "bush" for obvious reasons) and your reaction to it and then asking where you were going last weekend. When you said "camping," he thought that was very, very funny. :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
We are interested. I have been looking for a good campground to terrorise. Let us know which one. They may have asked us not to return. Ha.
Ive been thrown out of the best over the years. they forget quickly and let you back...... the fools:lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Dr told me the story about the spider you saw when he was re-planting your "tree" (not using the word "bush" for obvious reasons) and your reaction to it and then asking where you were going last weekend. When you said "camping," he thought that was very, very funny. :lmao:

Let him laugh. He told me a story about him & his brother camping and a spider... :whistle:

:lmao:

BTW... That sucker was HUGE!!! :yikes: I killed it with a stick. :diva:

Pandora

Im getting back from the 20 day 5000+ mile camping trip on July 1, Im thinking that camping might be out on the 4th for me

The 4th wouldn't be a good time frame anyway, because, there is no way to get a group of sites remotely close to one another, meaning, most places have been booked for awhile.

Where are you planning on visiting during this 5000 plus mile trip?

bcp

In My Opinion
reminds me of a camping story from years ago when I was in good shape.

we were at Kerr Dam camping.
A friend and I had just finished the second bottle of tequila of the night when we all decided to go down to the beach and continue our partying.
so, dave picks up the front of the beer cooler, I pick up the back and off we go.
the path to the beach goes down a steep slope.. more like a cliff as I recall.
anyway, dave trips at the edge and falls down the slope, he pulls the cooler with him, I dont let go, so along with dave and the cooler I go.
we bounce and tumble down the hill, beer flying all over the place from the cooler.
we land at the bottom in the sand to find that the Army Corp of Engineers that run the campground are having a training meeting.

dave pops up, grabs a beer and says to them,, you all look thirsty, anyone need a beer?

Went pretty much downhill from then on

Pandora

reminds me of a camping story from years ago when I was in good shape.

we were at Kerr Dam camping.
A friend and I had just finished the second bottle of tequila of the night when we all decided to go down to the beach and continue our partying.
so, dave picks up the front of the beer cooler, I pick up the back and off we go.
the path to the beach goes down a steep slope.. more like a cliff as I recall.
anyway, dave trips at the edge and falls down the slope, he pulls the cooler with him, I dont let go, so along with dave and the cooler I go.
we bounce and tumble down the hill, beer flying all over the place from the cooler.
we land at the bottom in the sand to find that the Army Corp of Engineers that run the campground are having a training meeting.

dave pops up, grabs a beer and says to them,, you all look thirsty, anyone need a beer?

Went pretty much downhill from then on

:lol: There is nothing better than getting snockered and going to sleep in a camper with the A/C cranked and humming. :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Let him laugh. He told me a story about him & his brother camping and a spider... :whistle:

:lmao:

BTW... That sucker was HUGE!!! :yikes: I killed it with a stick. :diva:

We used to tent camp in remote areas until a cow crapped in my shoe that I had left by the firepit one night. Then we got a pop-up. Once the kids were gone, we got rid of that. I wouldn't mind camping if I had one of those really great trailer things and we didn't have to be in a crowded campground. I don't like those big campground places. I'd rather be someplace remote, with real bathrooms.

bcp

In My Opinion
those trailer things have real bathrooms.
we have a tub, a shower, toilet, sink, medicine cabinet etc..

even have a door to the outside and a power fan in the ceiling incase you stink

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We used to tent camp in remote areas until a cow crapped in my shoe that I had left by the firepit one night. Then we got a pop-up. Once the kids were gone, we got rid of that. I wouldn't mind camping if I had one of those really great trailer things and we didn't have to be in a crowded campground. I don't like those big campground places. I'd rather be someplace remote, with real bathrooms.

The last two times I went camping it rained like a mo-fo and I was miserable. I was NOT about to do it again this year. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
those trailer things have real bathrooms.
we have a tub, a shower, toilet, sink, medicine cabinet etc..

even have a door to the outside and a power fan in the ceiling incase you stink

Yeah, but don't you have to hook up to something to get rid of the "waste?" :barf: Isn't that a stinky job?