Question for joggers...

Blazin_Bill

I jog 3-4 times a week, for years now, but I've never bought correctly fitted running shoes, and I do have a bad knee. I keep reading that I should bring an older set up running shoes to a sporting goods store and have them determine if I have a neutral gate, pronation or supination. Is there a local (Calvert or St. Mary's county) store that can help me?

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Go to a specialty running store. You're going to have a drive to get to one, but even now gas is still cheaper than a knee replacement. Check either coolrunning.com or runnersworld.com 's shopping directories for a list.

Go to a specialty running store. You're going to have a drive to get to one, but even now gas is still cheaper than a knee replacement. Check either coolrunning.com or runnersworld.com 's shopping directories for a list.
:yeahthat: or take them to your Dr. next time you go.

Vince

I jog 3-4 times a week, for years now, but I've never bought correctly fitted running shoes, and I do have a bad knee. I keep reading that I should bring an older set up running shoes to a sporting goods store and have them determine if I have a neutral gate, pronation or supination. Is there a local (Calvert or St. Mary's county) store that can help me?
Had good running shoes. Ran for years. Just had knee surgery and I'm not running anymore....yet. I can bicycle, but Doc said no pounding the pavement for awhile unless I want the knee replaced...very soon. I'll probably end up with a knee replacement anyway since most of these knee surgeries don't last long. A bandaid fix at best.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Best thing...

...I ever did for running; get fitted for shoes. I thought I had decent New Balance shoes and that my aches and pains were simply age and being to freaking big. I got fitted and now wear Brooks and it's soooo much better. They'll also tell you shoes, even the best, are shot for running after about 500miles or so. It's true.

Get fitted. :buddies: