Booking flights

GeezLouise

tired and content....
What are the best websites for booking inexpensive flights? Which airlines would you recommend? This will be my first flight. :lol:

blacklabman

Where are you going? Which airport is closer to you?

Orbitz, Travelocity, or perfers the airline that best meets your schedule.

jhns64

If you can go out of BWI you could try AirTran Airways - Home Page I have found that they are always the lowest price and BWI is so easy to get in and out of. I just did a search with some dates and it shows a "web special" for $89.00 one way. You should check them out!

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I usually use Travelocity and in fact just booked some flights from there a couple of weeks ago. I compared them to Orbitz and quite a few others but they were the cheapest.

My favorite airline is Southwest but this trip coming up in June to Lake Charles and New Orleans, Louisiana, we're flying Continental on the trip down and US Airways on the way back. Should be interesting. :lol:

Cowgirl

I mostly fly Southwest. Their deals are far better than any on Travelocity or Orbitz. They are fun to fly with, and really cheap.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Between the government searching old ladies to protect us from muslem men and the constantly rising price of tickets, It would be less hassel to either take the train of rent a car and drive

Rael

Supper's Ready
Between the government searching old ladies to protect us from muslem men and the constantly rising price of tickets, It would be less hassel to either take the train of rent a car and drive

:yeahthat: I know the price of gas is high, but we decided to drive when we go to Florida. I'd rather pay a little more to have my own vehicle than to have to deal with the airport scene. Key West, here we come. :yay:

GeezLouise

tired and content....

I was on Amtrak's website and they were actually more expensive than some of the flights I found. Is there anywhere else to look for train schedules, etc?

DQ2B

I use Southwest most often but sometimese find a better fare with Airtran. You can sign up for "Ding" fares on Southwest and I find that by checking seveal sites, i.e., Kayak, travelocity, orbits, hotwire, etc.

KWAK

I like sidestep.com! They compare multiple flights. Not sure if they go there - but try Jetblue.com as well.

I mostly fly Southwest. Their deals are far better than any on Travelocity or Orbitz. They are fun to fly with, and really cheap.

:yeahthat: Go to the SouthWest homepage, download DING!. It gives even better rates on flights that they need to fill. They post different flights everyday. I just got $41 flights to Long Island from BWI.

awpitt

Main Streeter
What are the best websites for booking inexpensive flights? Which airlines would you recommend? This will be my first flight. :lol:
One thing for sure, there is no single "best" place to find flights. Back in Feb, we were looking for four round trip tickets between DC metro and The Bahamas. Looked at all the travel sites and couldn't find anything for less than $2400. Would re-check everything once every two or three days. Finally, in early April, we found exactly what we were looking for and it was for $1100 and we found it on US Airways' own Website. I double checked all of the other travel site again and none of them came close. Orbitz was $1800. So this just goes to show that you really have to put the time in and really shop around. Don't be too attached to any one airline or airport. I always hear bad thing about Reagan National but there are some really good flights that leave out of there and I have yet to experience any of the horror stories I've heard about the place. Plus, it's about 30-45 minutes closer to the PAX/LexPark area than BWI. In the end, we booked our round trip, non-stop flight between DCA and The Bahamas.