Ocean City

SShewbert

What love is all about
My husband and I have decided to go to Ocean City the first week of June or so. We have never been and therefore no nothing of the place. Can anyone recommend a place to stay as well as things to do? We have a 3 year old, a 1 year old, and am expecting another one.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Pick a hotel in your price range. They're all the same. The boardwalk stops at 33rd street. Loaded with candy, T-shirt & sunglasses shops. Rather boring if you ask me.

There is an amusement park at the end but your kids are kinda young. Your best bet is to just lay on the beach.

SShewbert

What love is all about
Pick a hotel in your price range. They're all the same. The boardwalk stops at 33rd street. Loaded with candy, T-shirt & sunglasses shops. Rather boring if you ask me.

There is an amusement park at the end but your kids are kinda young. Your best bet is to just lay on the beach.

Thats what I figured was that we would spend the days on the beach. I just wanted to check and see if there was anything else that I would want to check out with the kids. I was having some trouble with researching hotels but I think we have decided on Francis Scott Key. It seems nice.

surfer1

My husband and I have decided to go to Ocean City the first week of June or so. We have never been and therefore no nothing of the place. Can anyone recommend a place to stay as well as things to do? We have a 3 year old, a 1 year old, and am expecting another one.

I don't know if it matters to you or not but that time frame is generally Senior Week at OC and will be crawling with high school grads and party central!!

W

Wenchy

Thats what I figured was that we would spend the days on the beach. I just wanted to check and see if there was anything else that I would want to check out with the kids. I was having some trouble with researching hotels but I think we have decided on Francis Scott Key. It seems nice.

Francis Scott Key is okay, but you will be driving over the bridge to get to the OC inlet. There are amusement parks on the side where you are. Go carts? Mini-golf?

I can't imagine having any fun with the age of your children and the fact you are expecting.

I might be jaded, because I live here.

If you stay at Francis Scott Key head out to Assateague and avoid the OC mess. Go on the State Park side...straight ahead after you cross the bridge on 611. There is a nice bathhouse and a concession stand (great for young children!) You will have to pay for entrance, but much nicer (IMO) than OC.

Salvatore's is one of my favorite restaurants (can't miss it if you stay there) but it's not what I would call family friendly. You could get carryout.

bcp

In My Opinion
Thanks for the info but I was thinking we will probably just walk wherever we go.
a really great plan, but, like mentioned earlier, everywhere you go will require a u-turn.. even walking.

Correct this by going to Virginia Beach or the Delaware Beaches.

Island_Chick

Mommy of 2

Congrats to you !! OC will be very crowded at that time Senior week :jameo:

{QUOTE}a really great plan, but, like mentioned earlier, everywhere you go will require a u-turn.. even walking.

Correct this by going to Virginia Beach or the Delaware Beaches. }

I love VA beach !!!!!! we've been there twice . I think is more of a family place then OC .Va beach has a great Aquarium you will have to drive a little ways but it's cool place .

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We stayed a few times at the Fager's Island lighthouse hotel. It was really nice. I think it is on or near 68th street, bayside.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Congrats to you !! OC will be very crowded at that time Senior week :jameo:

{QUOTE}a really great plan, but, like mentioned earlier, everywhere you go will require a u-turn.. even walking.

Correct this by going to Virginia Beach or the Delaware Beaches. }

I love VA beach !!!!!! we've been there twice . I think is more of a family place then OC .Va beach has a great Aquarium you will have to drive a little ways but it's cool place .

And the following week is the firefighter's convention (that's when I'm going :starcat:) yes, OC is packed in June for all types of different events.

bcp

In My Opinion
Having lived in Virginia Beach from 78 until 92 I can honestly say that it is more family oriented than Ocean City, and ten times cleaner.

OldHillcrestGuy

And the following week is the firefighter's convention (that's when I'm going :starcat:) yes, OC is packed in June for all types of different events.
:yay:
June 15th through the June 18th will have the bigger crowds for the Firemens Convention and the parade will be on Wednesday the 18th, so traffic will be a mess till about 4pm.
OHG proably going up on Tuesday the 17th leave to come back after parade on the 18th.:patriot:

SoMDGirl42

I went last weekend. Stayed on 14th street. I'll warn ya, that boardwalk is a LONG walk. They now offer a trolley, but it's a little pricey IMO at $3 a head, each way.

F

FireBuff40

I'll be there on the 14th through the 20th, last year we won 2nd Best Appearing Pumper in the State, Easton beat us!!!! Anyway good luck trying to find a room to stay in, fortunately our family owns a place in Berlin, that I have every year for a week!!! Not too bad of a drive! Yeah senior week has already started, so have fun! Hey OHG the Cork Bar is open, wanna drink???? :buddies:

E

(((echo)))

:ohwell:
only been 2x and both were flops
But going again here pretty soon :yahoo:

F

FireBuff40

:yay:
June 15th through the June 18th will have the bigger crowds for the Firemens Convention and the parade will be on Wednesday the 18th, so traffic will be a mess till about 4pm.
OHG proably going up on Tuesday the 17th leave to come back after parade on the 18th.:patriot:

I do remember that traffic last year was backed up till about 5 or 6, it was a 5 hour long parade from the inlet to about 6th street. If you like fire trucks, this is a parade that you must go too!!! Come support your local volunteers!!! We are most likely taking 2 trucks this year, just like last year!!!

OldHillcrestGuy

I'll be there on the 14th through the 20th, last year we won 2nd Best Appearing Pumper in the State, Easton beat us!!!! Anyway good luck trying to find a room to stay in, fortunately our family owns a place in Berlin, that I have every year for a week!!! Not too bad of a drive! Yeah senior week has already started, so have fun! Hey OHG the Cork Bar is open, wanna drink???? :buddies:

Your pumper is not going to beat out our new one, Sorry :dude:
Driving up early Wednesday for parade then coming back that evening. OHG is dog sitting one Dalmation and one German Shep. for family members who will be going up on Saturday.

backagain39

You may want to delay the trip since the place will be crawling with seniors this week......and this weekend there is a heat advisory in effect and the humidity there will be horrible!!!!!!!!

F

FireBuff40

Your pumper is not going to beat out our new one, Sorry :dude:
Driving up early Wednesday for parade then coming back that evening. OHG is dog sitting one Dalmation and one German Shep. for family members who will be going up on Saturday.

Wait a sec, your pumper cant win anything unless its been in service for 6 months........ HEHE :howdy:

We are taking both of the Hahn's E401 and E402 :diva: