vet for goats and chickens

smithchick231

Anyone know a good vet in calvert county for goats and chickens? I know you have to have the chickens checked before you can enter them in the county fair, so who does it???

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Any vet really. You could use Dr. Stott or Tidewater Veterinary Hospital... those are my personal favorites.

Cowgirl

Anyone know a good vet in calvert county for goats and chickens? I know you have to have the chickens checked before you can enter them in the county fair, so who does it???

Look in the fair booklet. They should give you dates and times for poultry testing.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Look in the fair booklet. They should give you dates and times for poultry testing.

4H & Youth - Division I - Livestock Calvert County Fair

I know we used to have our animals (sheep, etc.) vetted through our 4-H club. Are your animals for a 4-H project? If so, and if this is for the Calvert County Fair, give the lady on this webpage a call and see if she can help you.

I miss the days of my son participating in the fair.

Cowgirl

4H & Youth - Division I - Livestock Calvert County Fair

I know we used to have our animals (sheep, etc.) vetted through our 4-H club. Are your animals for a 4-H project? If so, and if this is for the Calvert County Fair, give the lady on this webpage a call and see if she can help you.

I miss the days of my son participating in the fair.

Here it is. It's under the Open Division for poultry.

Janice Eiler, Chairperson
410-586-1324
443-404-8887
Judging: Wednesday - 10 a.m.

Poultry/Rabbit Entry Form

Section E - Poultry

Rules and Regulations
Open to the five Southern Maryland Counties.

For a Poultry testing appointment call John Brady 410-535-2058 or Bernice Burroughs 410-474-4841.

1. Entries must be received by September 12th. No entry will be accepted that is not pre-registered. NO EXCEPTIONS. Health papers must be attached to registration entry from. Registration entry forms must be filled out completely.

2. Mail all entries to: Janice Eiler, 6530 Caudles Way St. Leonard, MD 20685 or email to eilerj@comcast.net.

3. To show birds in the State of Maryland, you must provide a Maryland Domestic Poultry & Exotic Bird Premises Registation ID number.

4. Cooping-in day is Tuesday (fair week) from noon-8 p.m.

5. All exhibits must be removed from the Poultry Building between 6 and 8 p.m. on Sunday after the fair closes.

6. Any exhibits still remaining after 8 p.m. will become the property of the poultry and rabbit Department Chairperson to handle as they see fit.

7. All birds must be Pullorum tested and banded and a copy of test papers to be held until after the show with the exception of waterfowl and pigeons. They must also be tested for Avian Influenza which takes 14 days. If exhibitor owns 30 or less birds, all birds including waterfowl must be tested for Avian Influenza. If exhibitor owns 40 or more birds, only 30 need to be tested for Avian Influenza

cosmo00

Thanks all. No 4h project ,my daughter thinks it would be fun to put some of our really cool looking chickens in the fair and the goats just need a vet.