Pet/house-sitting

Cowgirl

What's the going rate for overnights? What would you charge for watching someone's 2 dogs in their home?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We paid someone to stay in our house to watch/feed/entertain two dogs and a few fish. $300 for three weeks. We were really lucky to find someone for that length of time, and for that price.

Cowgirl

We paid someone to stay in our house to watch/feed/entertain two dogs and a few fish. $300 for three weeks. We were really lucky to find someone for that length of time, and for that price.

That's really good. I haven't done any pet-sitting in a while, but I used to charge $20/night. My coworker just gave someone my name because she can't do it any longer. She charged him $50/night, but said I should up it. That just sounds kinda high to me. :shrug:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
That's really good. I haven't done any pet-sitting in a while, but I used to charge $20/night. My coworker just gave someone my name because she can't do it any longer. She charged him $50/night, but said I should up it. That just sounds kinda high to me. :shrug:

Yes, you should up it. Overnights I would charge 30 or so, depending on the number of pets and chores involved, and if I knew them personally. 20 is cheap! I mean it's nice but it's too low IMO.
I prefer to go in 3-4 times a day rather than overnight stays, but people like the security of someone in their home.

J

jp2854

the going rate for overnight stays is 75.00 a night but you have to be licensed and bonded to get that price. 50 to 55 a night isn't bad for someone who isn't licensed or bonded though

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
They live about 20 minutes from my house, but only about 5 minutes from my work.

Personally, I'd watch a friend's house/pets for free. If it is someone you're not really close with, you could always charge them a typical kennel fee, which I *think* is about $15-20 per day.

Cowgirl

Personally, I'd watch a friend's house/pets for free. If it is someone you're not really close with, you could always charge them a typical kennel fee, which I *think* is about $15-20 per day.

This person is a total stranger. :lol: I only know who he is because he has a farm (so we deal with him through work) and he ran for County Commissioner.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus

Locally, boarding ranges from 22.00-25.00 a day.. 30-50.00 a day for 'suites' and other such accomodations. Most places give a bit of a discount for more than one pet.

J

jp2854

750 a week covers all of cats animals shes has mulitiple cats and dogs. I charge 55.00 for overnights for teh first 2 animals each and after that its 2.00 if I am remembering straight. so if you have 3 dogs and 8 cats that adds up if you see what I mean.

poster

We kennel our dog and it's 25 a night.
I would think that 35nt is really reasonable for two dogs and your checking on their house to boot. If you stay the night, I'd do 40, it's still cheaper for them, plus piece of mind.

J

jp2854

Well, I'm very skilled with animals and I actually talk to them.

CG, $1,000/week is my final offer.

I am the same way cat is (skilled) I also talk to the animals like I am doing my dog right now as shes telling me she doesn't like the fact that we have strangers here working and she really wants to go outside and scare them off with her deep bark.

poster

Well, I'm very skilled with animals and I actually talk to them.

CG, $1,000/week is my final offer.

Skills would be wasted on my mutt.
She's a "don't talk to me, I'm eating" kind of girl.
As long as the food gets near the bowl, she's happy.