Opinions on Laser Lube?

watercolor

yeah yeah
I have actually gone there alot of times, and they are very good. Talk to Val...she is great and will do everything to help you. Also you can talk to keith- he does a good job.

John Z

if you will
I've been there twice for oil changes. They did a a great job, and were very nice. I'd use them again. :smile:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
They suggested I change my muffler because it was rusty. Not rusted through, just rusty. They saw a blonde female walk in for just an oil change and tried to pull a fast one. This was over 2 and a half years ago and maybe the ownership has changed by now.
That muffler lasted 2 ymore years.

Vince

A friend of mine went in for an oil and filter change. He came out with the oil change, but when I looked at the filter it was the same old dirty one that was in the last time I helped him change his oil.

H

Heretic

I went to LaserLube for some work and saw a couple things that I thought gave a very good impression of the place. An asian guy came in that obviously didnt know too much about cars and asked for his radiator to be flushed cause he thought it "time for it". They pulled his car in popped the hood and checked the coolant. Then the guy at the counter went out and took a look and came back in and told him that his radiator didnt need flushed the coolant was clean as could be and the Ph was right where it should be.

I had new plugs put in and they told me you probably dont need new wires at this point but we will check....came back and said yes your wires still look new. Probably didnt really need plugs either but it was part of the factory recomended maintance that is reqired for warrenty.

I also marked my tires to see if they rotated them correctly....they did.

Overall I'd recomend them

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Vince
A friend of mine went in for an oil and filter change. He came out with the oil change, but when I looked at the filter it was the same old dirty one that was in the last time I helped him change his oil.

The same thing happened to my grandfather when he went there a few years ago.

Lenny21

Laser Lube

:blushing:
I've been going to Laser Lube for years and have always had very good experiences there. I find it much easier to bring my vehicle there to have my oil and filter changed along with their 24 point service checks, where they check my car's fluid levels, wipers, air filters, etc. They also clean and vacuum your car and put a fragrant scent to the car. It beats having to go to the automotive store yourself and buying the oil, the oil filter, finding the car jack, setting the jack up, jacking up the car, crawling under the car, finding a pan to drain the oil into, removing the oil drain plug, draining the oil, putting the oil plug back in, filling the engine with the oil and having to keep measuring that the oil level is correct and wiping the dip stick, locating a rag to wipe the dip stick with, lowering the car, disposing of the used oil, putting the drain pan away, putting the jack away and having to clean up, wash my hands, and change my clothes. They will tell you if they see anything wrong or worn on your car and let you decide if you want them to fix it. At the very least they will make you aware of a potential problem with your car. You can always get your car repaired at a later time somewhere else if you should so deside.
I have never felt pressured in any way or feel that they forgot to do something or to replace something, like an oil filter, etc.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Generally speaking, if your car is up on a rack, the mechanic should be visually inspecting the car and letting you know of rusty mufflers, worn components, damage, etc.

When they relate that info to you, it's your option to have it repaired. That's much better than driving into a situation where you can only wish the mechanic had suggested the related repair, or called some safety issue to your attention.

Even though your muffler lasted 2 more years, it sounds like LL was just doing a good job, as related by many folks here.

Car service is an inconvenience for most folks. So if a good shop/mechanic can save you future inconvenience, suggesting repairs or service isn't such a bad idea after all.

bethschefcik

Laser Lube

I went to Laser Lube in California MD to get a simple oil change and I left with a broken brake-line and an over filled oil pan. Of course the owner, Val denies that they did anything. On my 40 point inspection (which I did not ask for) it clearly shows that they checked the brakes, the rear differential fluid and the brake fluid. If my brake line were even remotely leaking they should have warned me, which it did not leak until the "oil change". They would not even let me pay b/c they wanted to make sure they charged me for the correct amount of quarts they would have to put in my truck and they OVER-FILLED it by 2 quarts. I subsequently had to take the truck to another local shop that I have used before and they showed me the break line and drained the oil pan. Val is not ethical or respectable. I would NEVER use Laser Lube again and will tell everyone I know not to waste their time or money there!

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Laser Lube

Great business. Good service and fair prices. I use them all the time.

CMC122

Go Braves!
I took my mini van in for an oil change last year and it was working just fine until they pulled it out for me to take it home....... it stalled 4 times and half my electrical gauges stopped working. I called "Val" on the first stall and she told me it wasn't her problem. I think they suck:jet:

C

czygvtwkr

Who wouldnt want a chick with a mullet to work on their car?

Bonehead

I too have had bad experiences there. They cross threaded my trucks drain plug and of course wouldn't own up to it. There are too many choices around here to put up with Val's lack of attention to detail and lack of character.