Need Help!

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Can anybody recommend good programs for spyware and pop-up blockers that are free? I'm havin' a helluva time with these dang pop up ads and they're startin' to pizz me off! Please help! TIA!

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by ememdee19
Can anybody recommend good programs for spyware and pop-up blockers that are free? I'm havin' a helluva time with these dang pop up ads and they're startin' to pizz me off! Please help! TIA!
do you have a high speed connection?

SmallTown

Football season!
Opera is a browser, but one if its built in things is popup blocker... Don't know if it does anything about spyware

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Thanks, ST.

I d/l'ed Pop-Up Stopper last night. Seems to work just fine for blocking ads, but each time I want to open a new browser window, it won't let me. I guess the program thinks it's another pop up ad.....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by TWL
I use SpyBot S&D to get rid of spyware. I was surprised how much spyware was on my PC the first time I ran it.
Excellent tool!

Be sure to run the builtin updater prior to running the scan of the system.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Originally posted by ememdee19
Which one do I download, TWL?
It really doesn't matter---it's the same file, just a diferent location to download it.

Jimbo

Dirty Old Man in Training
Spybot S&D

We've deployed Spybot at over 3000 nodes, and we think very highly of the product. We did some extensive R&D, and Spybot was just the better product.