Baltimore Inner Harbor

Elle

Happy Camper!
I just realized that our destination tomorrow is about 15 minutes north of the Inner Harbor, are there any places that are free or cheap to visit that would be good for kids (ages 9, 2 & 1)?

I just realized that our destination tomorrow is about 15 minutes north of the Inner Harbor, are there any places that are free or cheap to visit that would be good for kids (ages 9, 2 & 1)?

It's a nice place to walk around, lots to see, but almost everything "fun" has a price. There's the Science Museum, built with kids in mind, the IMAX theatre, the Aquarium, tours of the sub and sailing ships, but they all have admission fees.
Baltimore Inner Harbor Travel Guide: Hotels, Sightseeing, Dining...
Here's one link, Google Inner Harbor and you'll find tons of info.

MrX

High Octane
It's a nice place to walk around, lots to see, but almost everything "fun" has a price. There's the Science Museum, built with kids in mind, the IMAX theatre, the Aquarium, tours of the sub and sailing ships, but they all have admission fees.
Baltimore Inner Harbor Travel Guide: Hotels, Sightseeing, Dining...
Here's one link, Google Inner Harbor and you'll find tons of info.

Hit the nail on the head!

Be sure to stop by Hot Tomatoes in Fells Point (just up from the Inner Harbor) for the best pizza in B'more!

Review: Hot Tomatoes, Baltimore by Joe MacLeod

Cowgirl

The MD Science Museum is awesome!!!! Kids will love it. Heck, adults will love it! It's a bit cheaper than the aquarium, but the aquarium is super awesome too.

Elle

Happy Camper!
The Science Center is closing early tomorrow for a private event. Anyone ever been to Port Discovery?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
The Science Center is closing early tomorrow for a private event. Anyone ever been to Port Discovery?

I haven't been to Port Discovery in a few years, but when I did go, all of the kids in there were having a blast. My oldest didn't want to leave because there was so many different things to do.

Elle

Happy Camper!
I haven't been to Port Discovery in a few years, but when I did go, all of the kids in there were having a blast. My oldest didn't want to leave because there was so many different things to do.

Great to hear - I think we'll try to hit this place then.