Wathfest 2003 Sat, Aug 23rd 2pm- Welcome, MD

N

ncbmusic.com

Come one, Come all…

WATHFEST 2003 HAS ARRIVED:
Join us this Saturday, August 23rd, 2pm as we present the third annual Wathfest event on the Nanjemoy Creek. Wathfest encapsulates the core ideals that comprise the NCB philosophy- a carefree atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, good times and great music. Although we have not promoted this festival as much this summer as in previous years, we still have some tricks up our sleeve and planning is in full swing. It WILL be a Wathfest to remember!

TIME AND LOCATION:
Saturday, August 23rd, 2003
Gates open at 2pm; Music from 3pm – til

The Wathen Pier Amphitheater & Campgrounds
5660 Marshside Place
Welcome, MD 20693
http://www.ncbmusic.com/wathfest.html

WHAT TO EXPECT:
A full afternoon of music, beautiful natural surroundings, a festive atmosphere and good times. All persons interested in attending this year’s Wathfest are welcome. Admission is free; donations are accepted, but not obligatory. Free onsite camping is available if you wish to spend the night. The event is BYOB and BYO food. Should you decide not to bring food, there will be limited vending on site. You are welcome to vend food and other items if you wish.

WHAT TO BRING:
Lawn chairs, Blankets, Water, Food, Beer/Alcohol, Sunscreen, Tent/Camping gear, Rain gear, positive attitude, swimsuit, small boat or canoe

WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH LIVE MUSIC?
Music will start at 3pm and last into the wee hours of the night. NCB is slated to perform from 7-10pm. Acts performing are:

Kent Lawlor
Dave Diament
Project 301
The Beat Shaman
Groove Killers
Nanjemoy Creek Boys

Surprise acts TBA

QUESTIONS?
Send us an email at ncb@ncbmusic.com

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Okay, all ya are doing is creeping me out. Maybe for the other folks on here whom ya ain't scared off yet, you can say what this festival is for, what type of music ya all play, and what age range of folks are ya looking at that have attended in the past. I went to your link and it don't say nothing more than what ya posted. I know I personally don't go anyplace that I am not sure as to whether or not I'd even be interested in hanging out for 5 minutes, much less taking my swimsuit and hanging out. That just screams perv to me.

N

ncbmusic.com

MigTig,

I apologize for my ambiguity, I was just joking in my eariler posts.

Wathfest is neither a Cult type event or a Woodstock type event.

Wathfest is simply an event put together by friends so that they may expand their circle of friends through music. The bands play in the hopes of playing to an audience, gaining a little exposure and maybe selling a CD or two. Among the types of music to be played are Rock, Dance (house/techno) and Jazz. All ages will attend and all ages are invited. Anybody who would like to attend is encouraged to do so.

Additionally, the festival is hosted by my band, the Nanjemoy Creek Boys band and is held on the Nanjemoy Creek, where some may elect to swim, and if so, may want to wear a swimsuit.

Thank you for your time and again, my apologies for any misinformation on my part.

Best Regards,
Steve

Steve Cavanaugh
guitarist, the Nanjemoy Creek Boys band
steve@ncbmusic.com
http://www.ncbmusic.com

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
See now that's much better. We might even have an attendee or more on the forum with that kinda of info.
(Oh Jazzzzzzzz)