Branson,MO. Anyone been there?

catlingirl

We're going there in July and was wondering what you all thought about the town? Is it good for kids.Safe? Thanks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My folks have a vacation home there - I visited them last summer and had a blast. VERY family friendly and there is not one single show or venue that's inappropriate for children. To the point that if a group does a song with even mildly objectionable language, they tweak the words so it's G-rated.

Completely safe, mostly older people and families, this is definitely a tourist place that caters to a wholesome crowd.

I give it :yay: :yay:

One word of warning - the traffic is HORRENDOUS. When the shows let out, I've never seen anything like it, and there are typically two shows a day at over 100 theaters. And there is shopping galore - I had to buy another suitcase, so make sure you leave plenty of room.

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
My Mom lived in Springfield, MO for awhile and I still have family there. Branson is great for families. Check out Silver Dollar City. It was a favorite when I was a kid. I also used to love Shepard of the Hills theater and play. It's a really cool story and I found it funny as a kid. There is a place downtown that has the best fruit pies I've ever had in my life. I am a pie snob so me saying it's the best means a lot. I can't remember the name but, will check with family and let you know.
If you have a chance go up to Springfield and check out Bass Pro. It is the original Bass Pro Shop and is freakishly huge with an amazing fresh water aquarium. Hemingway's restaurant inside is amazing and they have wonderful Key Lime Pie.
Have a great trip!

SShewbert

What love is all about
My Mom lived in Springfield, MO for awhile and I still have family there. Branson is great for families. Check out Silver Dollar City. It was a favorite when I was a kid. I also used to love Shepard of the Hills theater and play. It's a really cool story and I found it funny as a kid. There is a place downtown that has the best fruit pies I've ever had in my life. I am a pie snob so me saying it's the best means a lot. I can't remember the name but, will check with family and let you know.
If you have a chance go up to Springfield and check out Bass Pro. It is the original Bass Pro Shop and is freakishly huge with an amazing fresh water aquarium. Hemingway's restaurant inside is amazing and they have wonderful Key Lime Pie.
Have a great trip!

I love Bass Pro in Springfield, you have never been to a Bass Pro until you have gone to the one in Springfield. You should make sure to take a trip to Springfield, for the Bass Pro. We never tried Hemingways, but Cheddars in Springfield is great. As stated already, traffic is awful in Branson. You pretty much have to just pull out in front of someone if you want to ever get out on the road. They now have a life size replica of the Titanic with the grand staircase. My husband and I moved back out this way before we had a chance to go on it but when they were building it and all it looked awesome. We plan on doing that when we go back out to visit.

Some of the shows are free or you can get free tickets if you go to the right place. Be careful though cause some of the places that are giving tickets are there for Time Shares. That is a big thing there. I am thinking that you probably already have picked your hotel, but there is one that has a little waterpark. If you stay there you get free access to it, but I believe that you can go to it even if you dont stay there, just have to buy tickets. The hotel is the Grand Country Inn, with the Grand Country Center. They have inside mini golf there. There is another miniature golf course. Plus a couple Go-Kart tracks. If you like Fudge you need to go the the Grand Country Center, I can not think of which store it is but they have the best homemade fudge there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They now have a life size replica of the Titanic with the grand staircase.

There's a really cool museum inside - I spent 3 hours in there. No kidding. It was awesome!

We spent a day wandering around downtown and it was really neat and old fashioned. And there's a new shopping/food complex by the river, Branson Landings or something like that. I did more shopping in Branson during one week than I had in the past year, easily.

SShewbert

What love is all about
There's a really cool museum inside - I spent 3 hours in there. No kidding. It was awesome!

We spent a day wandering around downtown and it was really neat and old fashioned. And there's a new shopping/food complex by the river, Branson Landings or something like that. I did more shopping in Branson during one week than I had in the past year, easily.

I love Branson. My husband is from Mountain Grove and we lived there for 3 years. It is like 2 hrs from Branson. We were gonna go to the Titanic when it opened but we ended up having a miscarriage and just never got around to it. I also want to go to the Dixie Stampedee.