For those interested that have police scanners....

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Figured this might be worth mentioning. I know many people who buy scanners these days let Radio Shack program them up for them. Usually Radio Shack does nothing more then program 2-3 local trunked systems into the scanners. Those usually cover the largest majority of the comms but they tend to leave out a couple of interesting frequencies.

These are frequencies the Medics in the backs of ambulances as well as the Medics in the helos will use to work with the Hospitals. On these frequencies patient status, information and such will be passed that you will not hear on the normal county Fire/EMS frequencies.

This is a statewide network of radios so you will not only hear the medics in the mobiles but you will also hear the Nurses/Doctors at the hospitals talking with them. For example for this incident being discussed in this thread we were listening to the Medics in the Helos talking with Suburban Hosp as well as PG Shock Trauma.

So for anyone owning a scanner what follows are a few links that describe the system, it's use, as well as the frequencies involved. Note if you choose to program these into your scanner make sure you use the PL tones listed for Region 5 or you will hear just about every call in the State of MD.

Emergency Medical Resources Center (EMRC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Communications Engineering Services
http://www.miemss.org/home/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=+HE3zIeHMlE=&tabid=137&mid=562
http://www.miemss.org/home/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=KDsd9etki+U=&tabid=137&mid=562

Last edited:
T

toppick08

Figured this might be worth mentioning. I know many people who buy scanners these days let Radio Shack program them up for them. Usually Radio Shack does nothing more then program 2-3 local trunked systems into the scanners. Those usually cover the largest majority of the comms but they tend to leave out a couple of interesting frequencies.

These are frequencies the Medics in the backs of ambulances as well as the Medics in the helos will use to work with the Hospitals. On these frequencies patient status, information and such will be passed that you will not hear on the normal county Fire/EMS frequencies.

This is a statewide network of radios so you will not only hear the medics in the mobiles but you will also hear the Nurses/Doctors at the hospitals talking with them. For example for this incident being discussed in this thread we were listening to the Medics in the Helos talking with Suburban Hosp as well as PG Shock Trauma.

So for anyone owning a scanner what follows are a few links that describe the system, it's use, as well as the frequencies involved. Note if you choose to program these into your scanner make sure you use the PL tones listed for Region 5 or you will hear just about every call in the State of MD.

Emergency Medical Resources Center (EMRC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Communications Engineering Services
http://www.miemss.org/home/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=+HE3zIeHMlE=&tabid=137&mid=562
http://www.miemss.org/home/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=KDsd9etki+U=&tabid=137&mid=562

Thanks for the info. Jeff.........:yay:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Thanks for the info. Jeff.........:yay:

My pleasure. I do have these frequencies feeding in the online scanners already but figured the average person is likely going to just listen to whatever radio shack has put in there scanner.

These can be pretty informative to listen to to get go information on the patient's status at the time of travel. Also sometimes the Medics will also include information as to where they were seated in the vehicle and other little tidbits not normally heard on the regular Fire/EMS freqs.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
My pleasure. I do have these frequencies feeding in the online scanners already but figured the average person is likely going to just listen to whatever radio shack has put in there scanner.

These can be pretty informative to listen to to get go information on the patient's status at the time of travel. Also sometimes the Medics will also include information as to where they were seated in the vehicle and other little tidbits not normally heard on the regular Fire/EMS freqs.

Mine was programmed by radio shack. Can we get together this weekend sometime and you can re-program mine? I'm off Friday, have a thing to go to Saturday, and Sunday is free and you're right around the corner. TIA. :huggy:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Mine was programmed by radio shack. Can we get together this weekend sometime and you can re-program mine? I'm off Friday, have a thing to go to Saturday, and Sunday is free and you're right around the corner. TIA. :huggy:

Sure. Like I said before I need to know the make and model number ahead of time.

Send that to me and I'l see what I can do with it

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Sure. Like I said before I need to know the make and model number ahead of time.

Send that to me and I'l see what I can do with it

Radio Shack Pro97, 20-257, whatever that means. I still have the box and all the directions.