Windows XP

B

BRVIZ

I am gettig a notice stating I dont have administrative privliges to run Norton live update. Anyone know how to correct this problem in windows xp?

Jameo

What?!
Log in as the admin and run the updates,:biggrin: or have admin change the settings to a Power user (I think thats what it called anyways) I had the same problem and that's what they did to my machine and fixed it :cheers:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
BTW....

:rolleyes: One of the kids at work yesterday was lamenting on the state(or lack of) his computer at home.
Apparently, he built his own system, loaded it with software he did not purchase- including Windows XP Professional.

He awoke early in the AM yesterday to find his PC displaying a message that it had to shutdown, reboot, whatever. Classic example of the blaster worm?

Now he's wondering how he's gonna fix the darn thing. He can't go to Microsoft for tech support, because they're going to want the serial or registration number from his XP software, right?

I think he might be scr###ed. He told me none of the software on his PC was purchased!

Anybody else get hit with the worm Friday?

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: BTW....

Heres the deal if you have a cracked copy of WinXP:
You can download the patch...
You just cannot install service packs.
What you do is get all of the updates seperatly.
Good to go!
:biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:biggrin: Um, one of the other things he mentioned was that he lost the ability to go on-line.
If he cannot go on-line, he cannot download, eh?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by penncam
:biggrin: Um, one of the other things he mentioned was that he lost the ability to go on-line.
If he cannot go on-line, he cannot download, eh?
His buddy penncam burns the patch on a cd for him....:biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: BTW....

Originally posted by mainman
Heres the deal if you have a cracked copy of WinXP:
You can download the patch...
You just cannot install service packs.
What you do is get all of the updates seperatly.
Good to go!
:biggrin:

Not true. You just have to crack the cracked version. I did. :biggrin: