Need help with a Tortoise

brattyengineer

Hi there,
I am new to this forum, but found an injured toroise in a hay bale last night and I am trying to find a wild life santuary to take care of it. IT seems to be doing well accept for a crack in the shell. I think it is a woodland tortoise, but as I said I have no clue about these guys. I will probably do more harm then good. If you could please point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. It seem like a fighter and was calling all night last night and seems to be in good weight, but I don't have a clue on that one.

Sincerest thanks,
Laura

Hi there,
I am new to this forum, but found an injured toroise in a hay bale last night and I am trying to find a wild life santuary to take care of it. IT seems to be doing well accept for a crack in the shell. I think it is a woodland tortoise, but as I said I have no clue about these guys. I will probably do more harm then good. If you could please point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. It seem like a fighter and was calling all night last night and seems to be in good weight, but I don't have a clue on that one.

Sincerest thanks,
Laura

PM Inkpen.

I

Inkpen

Hi there,

Sincerest thanks,
Laura

A crack in its shell is a serious, though treatable, injury.
You can call me or call Calvert County Sheriffs Dept ask for the wildlife rehab lady, as you have an injured animal and they will give you my number.

In the meantime, keep shell wound covered with a clean, damp piece of cloth.

Last edited by a moderator:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I am not sure where you live but someone has signs up in Golden Beach for a lost turtle?

Just a thought

Good on ya for getting it help

camily

Peace
Hi there,

Sincerest thanks,
Laura

What county?
Clearwater is great
Clearwater Nature Center

brattyengineer

Thanks

Hey everyone thanks,
We got it a little cage last night and clean out the wound. It has a pretty good infestation and I really would like to get it to someone who knows what they are doing. Inkpen I have no clue on how to get a hold of you. I can bring it over to you. We are in charles county.

Actually that we found it in time was amazing, he got rolled up into a 1000lb bale of hay. I was pulling off a section to feed to our horses and out feel this tortise. I figured it was dead and pushed it and out popped this head. I figured it deserved a chance and with the hole in its back it couldn't be released back into the wild. We have a great place for it to live, away from hay cutters, once it is ready to be released. I am just way in over my head right at the moment.

Thanks for the help,
Laura

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I saw that sign too! How do you lose a turtle? :confused: Anyway, the sign is gone, so the turtle must have gone home on its own!! :roflmao:

Actually it's still there, they have placed it after you turn left way high up on the telephone pole in front of the pond.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
If you need someone to care for him I will gladly come get him and care for him..I have some experience with turtles?tortoises with bad shells...need to keep flies out of it for one..but I will come get him if you want to place him...good luck

camily

Peace
If you need someone to care for him I will gladly come get him and care for him..I have some experience with turtles?tortoises with bad shells...need to keep flies out of it for one..but I will come get him if you want to place him...good luck

Yeah, that's what you need. One more thing to take care of. :lol: Then again, if you're like me, animals help make it all better.