Lymphoma

camily

Peace
A friend of mines son was just diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Anyone with any experience or advice? Anything alternative medicine wise that seemed to be helpful along side of the standard medical care at Children's?

Last edited:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Sorry to hear that. Hubby has stage 2 non-hodgkins. He's in a study using a drug called Rituxin. He has done great so far. Shrunk it by at least 75%. He's never showed symptoms with it except the enlarged lymph nodes. He had one removed. The only thing we've done is change our diet some. Trying to eat the "super" foods that help prevent cancer, etc. Hope everything goes well. He's at the best hospital, I think (hubby @ J. Hopkins).

camily

Peace
Sorry to hear that. Hubby has stage 2 non-hodgkins. He's in a study using a drug called Rituxin. He has done great so far. Shrunk it by at least 75%. He's never showed symptoms with it except the enlarged lymph nodes. He had one removed. The only thing we've done is change our diet some. Trying to eat the "super" foods that help prevent cancer, etc. Hope everything goes well. He's at the best hospital, I think (hubby @ J. Hopkins).

Thanks. I'll see if he will be getting Rituxin also.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Unfortunately, my only experience with NHL has been with a college friend, who died from it about a year after he was diagnosed. He received aggressive treatment from Johns Hopkins, even venturing in to experimental medical options. His death was a tremendous loss.....he was such an awesome person.

Another friend died from it about eight years after diagnosis. He did traditional treatments, and also sought non-traditional medical treatment in Mexico as well as other places in the US.

I wish I had better examples to share with you. :huggy:

camily

Peace
Unfortunately, my only experience with NHL has been with a college friend, who died from it about a year after he was diagnosed. He received aggressive treatment from Johns Hopkins, even venturing in to experimental medical options. His death was a tremendous loss.....he was such an awesome person.

Another friend died from it about eight years after diagnosis. He did traditional treatments, and also sought non-traditional medical treatment in Mexico as well as other places in the US.

I wish I had better examples to share with you. :huggy:

I fixed my first post. It's actually Hodgkin's lymphoma. Not "non". Any better news there?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I fixed my first post. It's actually Hodgkin's lymphoma. Not "non". Any better news there?
I can't contribute to the "non" portion of your question.

Hopefully your friend has better treatment options than my friends. :huggy:

bcp

In My Opinion
Years ago a friend of ours was diagnosed with the same thing
she went back home to Omaha for treatment.
not sure what they did for her, But I think I remember them taking out her lymph nodes or something to that effect.

she did come back to Virginia Beach and lived with us while she went through treatments. She lost her hair and became an intolerable b itch.

however, she is still alive today, married, with children, so, it is obviously not a death sentence, and if they were able to treat it back then, they certainly must have some better stuff today.

prayers for the best outcome for him.