What a loser!

SmallTown

Football season!
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-08-20-janklow-crash_x.htm

Rep. Bill Janklow was driving 70 mph to 75 mph when he ran a stop sign and collided with a motorcycle, killing the biker

According to the report, Janklow said there was a vehicle in his lane and that he had to swerve around it. However, no other vehicles are listed in the report.

The report also says neither man had been drinking.

What would a car in his lane have to do with him going 70 and running a stop sign? And have you seen this guys' driving record? He should have been off the streets long ago.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Guilty of 2nd degree manslaughter and he only gets 100 days in jail. UFB.

lfquade

Originally posted by Ken King
Guilty of 2nd degree manslaughter and he only gets 100 days in jail. UFB.

Crazy isn't it? I couldn't believe it myelf when I saw it on the news.

K

Kizzy

I bet if anyone mowed Janklow or one of his family members down in the parking lot, they wouldn’t get a 100-day sentence.

Plea bargains, hate them.

lfquade

Originally posted by IM4Change
I bet if anyone mowed Janklow or one of his family members down in the parking lot, they wouldn’t get a 100-day sentence.

Plea bargains, hate them.

:yeahthat: It's a shame that people who have power or who are well known can get away with all most anything.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by lfquade
Crazy isn't it? I couldn't believe it myelf when I saw it on the news.
:rolleyes: Kinda makes you wonder what would have happened if it had been you or I involved - not that I make a habit of running stop signs at 70mph!:biggrin:
Seriously, I think the court system is a joke. If you can afford a wily attorney, your chances of getting off are much better.

Maybe a Mark Geragos(sp?); M. Jackson's and Scott Peterson's attorney, for example.

K

Kizzy

Maybe a Mark Geragos(sp?); M. Jackson's and Scott Peterson's attorney, for example.

:lol: Yea, I read somewhere where he got a new judge. AGAIN.