RV Owners ?

bcp

In My Opinion
unless you have a 3-way
then its electric when you got it
12 volt while driving
Propane when you dont have electric hookup.

mine is only two way so my propane runs it until plugged in, then it automatically switches over

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
unless you have a 3-way
then its electric when you got it
12 volt while driving
Propane when you dont have electric hookup.

mine is only two way so my propane runs it until plugged in, then it automatically switches over

Mine switches over also. It just seems like their is a lot of contraversy over the issue of tanks on or takes off while driving. We will be taking a long trip soon and want to keep them on.

bcp

In My Opinion
Mine switches over also. It just seems like their is a lot of contraversy over the issue of tanks on or takes off while driving. We will be taking a long trip soon and want to keep them on.
I left mine on for the whole yellowstone trip, no problems.
turn it on, forget about it and enjoy the trip.

yankee44

If the trip is going to be longer than 6 hours I run it on the gas, but if it is less than that I dont. I have never seen any thawing, not eaven ice cubes.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Yes, that’s the point of having it as an option – so you can use it while the trailer is in transport. As a side note in case you ever need to know - when going through some tunnels or bridges you have to turn it off (Norfolk, VA and a couple places we've been to have this law), in MD it's not allowed at all in the tunnels (find another route or take off your tanks) and in NY there are certain bridges where you can’t have the larger tanks either (same thing find another route or take off your tanks).

bcp

In My Opinion
Yes, that’s the point of having it as an option – so you can use it while the trailer is in transport. As a side note in case you ever need to know - when going through some tunnels or bridges you have to turn it off (Norfolk, VA and a couple places we've been to have this law), in MD it's not allowed at all in the tunnels (find another route or take off your tanks) and in NY there are certain bridges where you can’t have the larger tanks either (same thing find another route or take off your tanks).

you dont have to take off your tank, all you need to do is disconnect it from the trailer feed lines and put the yellow plug in the bottle.

Elle

Happy Camper!
you dont have to take off your tank, all you need to do is disconnect it from the trailer feed lines and put the yellow plug in the bottle.

While I've never always avoided the tunnel through Baltimore I don't know anything other than what I've been warned but I do know that in NY there are inspection stations before the bridge to the island and if you have propane you are not allowed on the bridge and will be re-directed - took friends 8 hours to do what should have been a 5 hour trip.

bcp

In My Opinion
While I've never always avoided the tunnel through Baltimore I don't know anything other than what I've been warned but I do know that in NY there are inspection stations before the bridge to the island and if you have propane you are not allowed on the bridge and will be re-directed - took friends 8 hours to do what should have been a 5 hour trip.
maybe they had old bottles?
All I know is that with the newer (in the last 10 years) bottles, you simply have to disconnect it from the feed line, turn the valve to off and screw in a plug to insure it does not leak out.

I have never been restricted from a tunnel as long as I have done this, and I pulled the pop up with the tanks through many tunnels from 95 on.