Cruise

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Which cruise line did you use? Where did you go?

My brother and SIL just got home from a cruise last night and we talked to them throughout the trip. They had an AWESOME time and kept telling us we should go. We have been thinking about it anyway, so I think it's time to start planning.

Looking for suggestions and info :) Oh and we will be leaving the kiddos behind :lol:

TIA

M

Mousebaby

Which cruise line did you use? Where did you go?

My brother and SIL just got home from a cruise last night and we talked to them throughout the trip. They had an AWESOME time and kept telling us we should go. We have been thinking about it anyway, so I think it's time to start planning.

Looking for suggestions and info :) Oh and we will be leaving the kiddos behind :lol:

TIA

My sister always used Carnival cruises. Not sure where she would go but she always had a blast! Someday I will get to go, but by then I will be to old and decrepit to have fun! :lmao:

lovinmaryland

A cruise is my all time favorite vacation. I have been on 5 cruises all w/ Royal Carribean. We had a blast each time!!! Went to the Mexican Riviera (used to live in San Diego and could always get great deals there) and then a few little 4 day cruises to Ensenada. One suggestion would be to decide where you want to go and then do a review search for different cruise lines and the ship that you will be on (some are older models and are not in as great of shape & dont have some of the newer attractions like rock wall, ice skating rinks, etc...)

awpitt

Main Streeter
We went on Royal Caribbean back in March. Western Caribbean cruise on Freedome of the Seas, currently the largest afloat. Left out of Miami. Stopped in Labadee, Haiti, <!-- load location content --><!-- load location name from location content --><!-- end getting depart port name -->Jamaica, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel, Mexico.

Royal Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
A cruise is my all time favorite vacation. I have been on 5 cruises all w/ Royal Carribean. We had a blast each time!!! Went to the Mexican Riviera (used to live in San Diego and could always get great deals there) and then a few little 4 day cruises to Ensenada. One suggestion would be to decide where you want to go and then do a review search for different cruise lines and the ship that you will be on (some are older models and are not in as great of shape & dont have some of the newer attractions like rock wall, ice skating rinks, etc...)

My brother and SIL said they could have spent all there time on the ship and been perfectly happy. They said there was so much to do.

oldman

Lobster Land
I've been on 5 cruises on Carnival to most of the Caribbean Islands and one to the west coast of Mexico. To me a cruise is the bestest vacation one could experience but to each their own. I also prefer the smaller liners because you might get to see the same people near daily. You can keep busy all day if that's your thing or you can just sit by the pool with a cold one and enjoy the sights. Be prepared to increase your waistline because you'll never have to be hungry. They provide various tours at each port so we'd take the general one to get a feel of the area and if we saw something we wanted to see more of we'd catch a cab back. Sure beats the heck out of being on a haze gray destroyer while wearing a uniform :lmao:

Oh, my cruises were all 7-day ones. None of that 3 or 4-day stuff for me!

Last edited:

greeneyes36

sent you email about MS. we fly to tampa on the 27th - cruise leaves on 28th, comes back on 2nd, fly home from tampa afternoon of 2nd. IF girly girl's ankle is well enough to sport a cruise... i'll cancel if she's not going to be able to walk by then... $85 trip insurance is saving my rear on this one!!

J

jaybeeztoo

Norweigian to Bermuda. It was quite an experience...only because of the weather. It was a great time though :yay: I must say I liked the Bahamas better than Bermuda though. Bermuda seemed a little "older"....lots of tourist attractions but not as much nightlife. But then again, that's what the boat was for :lmao:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We did a 13-day Norwegian cruise out of Miami heading to Europe a couple months ago. We stopped in a few ports in Portugal and about five stops in Spain, before heading out on our own to Ireland. It was absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to take another cruise on NCL.

J

jaybeeztoo

We did a 13-day Norwegian cruise out of Miami heading to Europe a couple months ago. We stopped in a few ports in Portugal and about five stops in Spain, before heading out on our own to Ireland. It was absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to take another cruise on NCL.

I like their freestyle dining. No cattle calls to dinner :yay:

Sounds like your trip was amazing BG :yay:

johnjrval424

Hands down - sold on Norwegian. We also liked the fact that there was so set time for dinner and we could sit by ourselves. Most of time, though, we ate the buffet or the burger joint because hubby is not an eccentric person when it comes to dinner (meat, potatoes, vegetable - no seasonings/nothing fancy). We made out just fine.

Our itinerary was Eastern Caribbean out of Miami - Puerto Rico (hated it), Antigua (hated it), St. Thomas (loved it!), private island (couldn't tender due to rough seas so the captain had rum punch on the house all afternoon!) :otter:

We really enjoyed ourselves again and would do it in a heartbeat. We would probably choose to do the Southern Caribbean next time but we will always do 7-day! My sister has done the 11 and 14 day and she said it was too long - 7 seemed just right!

bcp

In My Opinion
Hands down - sold on Norwegian. We also liked the fact that there was so set time for dinner and we could sit by ourselves. Most of time, though, we ate the buffet or the burger joint because hubby is not an eccentric person when it comes to dinner (meat, potatoes, vegetable - no seasonings/nothing fancy). We made out just fine.

Our itinerary was Eastern Caribbean out of Miami - Puerto Rico (hated it), Antigua (hated it), St. Thomas (loved it!), private island (couldn't tender due to rough seas so the captain had rum punch on the house all afternoon!) :otter:

We really enjoyed ourselves again and would do it in a heartbeat. We would probably choose to do the Southern Caribbean next time but we will always do 7-day! My sister has done the 11 and 14 day and she said it was too long - 7 seemed just right!

My uncle is pres of Norwegian cruise lines.

I get nothing for the genetic wonder.