Fyi

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you are ever in Columbus, OH, THIS:

Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus

is the best restaurant I've ever been to. The food was exceptional and our waitress should train all hospitality workers. The beer was incredibly good (I had the raspberry wheat) and the dessert, a dopplebock cheesecake, was the best thing I've ever eaten. And I almost NEVER eat dessert.

Our appetizer was Corn Brats, which is brats simmered in beer, then coated in a light cornmeal batter and deep fried. It was incredible.

For dinner, I had the Surf and Turf Rock, which comes to you raw on a platter that contains a stone that has been heated to 450 degrees. You cook your filet and seafood on the rock. It included three dipping sauces that weren't your typical greasy butter sauce. Filet and scallops are fairly mundane, but the rock presentation was really cool.

:drool:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If you are ever in Columbus, OH, THIS:

Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus

is the best restaurant I've ever been to. The food was exceptional and our waitress should train all hospitality workers. The beer was incredibly good (I had the raspberry wheat) and the dessert, a dopplebock cheesecake, was the best thing I've ever eaten. And I almost NEVER eat dessert.

Our appetizer was Corn Brats, which is brats simmered in beer, then coated in a light cornmeal batter and deep fried. It was incredible.

For dinner, I had the Surf and Turf Rock, which comes to you raw on a platter that contains a stone that has been heated to 450 degrees. You cook your filet and seafood on the rock. It included three dipping sauces that weren't your typical greasy butter sauce. Filet and scallops are fairly mundane, but the rock presentation was really cool.

:drool:
Presentation does not trump food quality. For an awesome dining experience try New York Prime in Myrtle Beach.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Presentation does not trump food quality.

The food quality was fantastic. When I said filet and scallops were mundane, I meant that they show up on every menu and are a fairly standard item.

Plus, they have outdoor seating so I could smoke! :cartwheel

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The food quality was fantastic. When I said filet and scallops were mundane, I meant that they show up on every menu and are a fairly standard item.

Plus, they have outdoor seating so I could smoke! :cartwheel

Oh, gotcha.:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Nutrition is food. :shrug:

...on the index page it says "Food and nutrition" but if you look up to the top of the page, the page 'tree' says SOMD Forums then General Interest then Health and Nutrition. I was reacting to that.

I looked at that before backing out to see if I was seeing things. So, yup, this is the Food and Nutrition forum, but up top it says Health and Nutrition.
We did not eat healthy that night! :lol:

...on the index page it says "Food and nutrition" but if you look up to the top of the page, the page 'tree' says SOMD Forums then General Interest then Health and Nutrition. I was reacting to that.

I looked at that before backing out to see if I was seeing things. So, yup, this is the Food and Nutrition forum, but up top it says Health and Nutrition.
We did not eat healthy that night! :lol:

Attachments

• youbelongherekidssandbox_chov_002.jpg
    youbelongherekidssandbox_chov_002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 81

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, if I wanted to be fair (which I don't) I'd mention that we actually have a Restaurants category under Entertainment. But I forgot about it, so now this is in Nutrition.

:yahoo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I didn't mention...

Okay, if I wanted to be fair (which I don't) I'd mention that we actually have a Restaurants category under Entertainment. But I forgot about it, so now this is in Nutrition.

:yahoo:

...that out of simple courtesy. I'm not being pissy about this. It does say "Health and Nutrition" up at the top, but "Food and Nutrition" in the index and that is FALSE advertising! My rights are being violated! I have free speeches! :jameo: