Rude Drivers

S

ShellyCW

Heard of what?  Huh?  (Would that apply to me?  I'm a native Pennsylvanian who has lived in MD for 2 years.)  :angel:

So what brought on this sudden bout of generalization?  :razz:

(I just love these little guys... :getdown: :bandit: :stooges: :twitch: )

(Edited by ShellyCW at 9:45 pm on Jan. 20, 2002)

Cowgirl

I know drivers in SOMD can be kinda rude...but if you think it's bad here, just take a trip to the city or on the beltway!  Makes you glad when you get back.  

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The Beltway! :dosman: It's crazy for sure.  You gotta do 75 just to keep up, at least until you come upon an accident, then it slows down.  Makes you wonder what everyone's hurry is.  Man--am I glad I left New Carrollton 20 years ago.  I went to a baby shower in White Oak last weekend.  Boy was I ever glad to get back home.  Used to be on a Sunday night, I was one of the only few cars traveling south on Rt. 4, not like that anymore.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My pet peeve...

People that *think* they are doing you a favor by using their blinker to change lanes is front of you, AFTER they cut in front of you!!!  Why bother!!!  :burning:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
And don't ya just love it when some a-hole rides your butt, swerves in front of you like he's in some big rush, and then you end up right beside him at the next stop light!!  Hahahaha!!  GGGrrrrr! :scowl:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Or they slow down after cutting in front of you, just to make the next turn!!!!

PmoneyandTT

Yes - I can honestly say - SOMD doesn't have nowhere near as many rude drivers.. I lived up north close to DC for 15 years.  I actually got into 2 fights with rude drivers.. People down in SOMD - are actually pussycats.... Keeps my stress level down..

John Z

if you will
Yes, I agree that closer to DC, the drivers are more rude.  But it is good to see a post like this once in a while so we all examine our own driving and do what we can to drive more courteously.

Group hug? ;)

Justfine

I hate to say this but you really have to blame the cops and
the county for most of the problems here is So.MD.
Look, I'm tired of it too. People go up and down Rt.4 and/or
any other roads here in this county like a bat out of hell and the LAW does NOT care. It's the same thing if you call
about a loud party or loud music after 9PM. The cops come, they turn the music down, the cops leave,and the MUSIC GOES BACK UP. What this County really needs is new LAW personal. Not cops that look and act like kids. You know what I mean. How many times have you seen a police car pass you like there tails are on fire just to go nowhere. I do have a scanner in my car and yes I know when they are called.
I guess I;m getting off track here, but I just had to say it..

(Edited by Justfine at 8:41 am on Jan. 27, 2002)

Tweet

I had a bad experience recently when a lady driving a silver Honda  cut me off as I was pulling out of Subway making a left onto Great Mills.  Then had the nerve to give me the bird when I passed her on Rt. 235.  I didn't really think much of it until I noticed that she also turned into my housing development.....she's a neighbor!  Sad but true!  

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Starbuck, you are right!

Another rude driver encounter.... I was going south on 235 just north of the San Souci shopping center when this guy comes out of no where, okay, from the left turning lane and shot across all three lanes and cut me off, only to go to Taco Bell.  I followed him into the parking lot just to yell at him.  :angry:  

Shame on me...... :angel:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I wish someone would tell me what rude is.  One of the posts says they were leaving a place and turned left onto Great Mills road and they were cutoff.  How can that be when any left turn would have you crossing opposing traffic?  I just don't understand how that could be considered rude.  If it is that someone travelling on the road doesn't let you enter onto that road from a side street, that isn't rude.  Maybe the rude ones are those that think the world should come to a halt for them so that they can get where they are going.  

geekboy

Ok Rude, was at Burger King other day and was backing out of parking space,  this car whipped into the parking lot and he decided that I should stop in my tracks even though I was 95% of the way out  and almost ready to shift into forward and whipped arround me and blew his horn,  there was barely enough room between me and the other row of cars.  If there was a kid comming between the other row of cars he would have hit it.  

Case 2 driving down road in left hand lane going to change lanes into turning lane as soon as the lines change that show I can do it.  Getting ready to do this and someone behind me does and speed up, mind you they get into turning lane when it is actually zoned for traffic coming the opposite direction.  He then slows down so I cant get into the turning lane.  

Ill admit the problem people arnt most people.  In general they are male, in late teens to early 20's and have one of those stupid sun visors hanging from their rearview mirror.  One wanted to fight me one day, that would have been a trip I had about a foot and 80 lbs on him.  

geekboy

Oh yea and I think people wanting to go 75 on 235 where all of the stop lights are is redicilious.  

And I didnt come from PA

(Edited by geekboy at 10:05 pm on Feb. 7, 2002)

SxyPrincess

The other day, I was driving down 301.  A car had their right turn signal on--I decided to speed up, and not let them get in front of me!  :roflmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Okay, blowing a horn is now rude; sure the driver wasn’t sounding the horn to let you know that you almost hit them?  Rules of right of way state that cars exiting a parking spot must yield to oncoming traffic.   Technically you were in the wrong.  Case 2, I wouldn’t call the initial part rude, it was stupid and illegal.  Turn them in for driving left of the centerline.  When they blocked you from moving over that might be rude or just another case of an idiot behind the wheel.  Don’t get into a fight with them because you can be arrested as readily as they can, take the tag number, type of car, and call the law.  The police can only help if they know what is going on.

Sxy,

Now that is rude.

SxyPrincess

Rude is when I'm traveling down the road doing 70 mph or so and some idiot wants to get in front of me, causing me to brake! :lol:

geekboy

Ken King I was backed out before he even pulled into the parking lot.   Well if he honked his horn because I was going to hit him he had some pretty messed up version of reality because I was stopped as soon as I saw the moron pull into the parking lot.  

(Edited by geekboy at 3:28 pm on Feb. 8, 2002)