Wish List-Can you help us??

HSCC

GSDlover
We need you! Can you help us with our wish list? While you are out shopping, can you help us make the days a little brighter for our animals that are waiting for their new homes? We are in need the following items on the attached wish list. Your contributions are tax deductible and go towards a good cause. These items help us run our day-to-day operations and provide a temporary place for these animals to reside until we find them forever homes.You can also donate to us by logging onto the website below with Petfinder where will will receive coupons to buy much needed items from their store Petfinder.com - PETCO Online Gift Certificate Without the support from the community, we will not be able to continue our rescue efforts. We would like to thank those that have already donated and look forward to meeting some new friends as well. Thank you!

Last edited:

HSCC

GSDlover
Items donated can be dropped off at our Shelter in Sunderland any day between the hours of 8-11am, or between 3-6pm. Our address is 2210 Dalrymple Road, Sunderland MD, 20689!

Please stop by and check our our new look at our shelter!

I

Inkpen

HSCC Wishlist 2008:

1. Addition to front office: this would include new bathing room, dog walking area, boarding check in/check out area, adoption room, quiet room for dogs that cant handle the kennel noise and stress, volunteer/staff lounge area, upstairs cattery and office area, one more bathroom upstairs.

How this would benefit HSCC: This new addition would finally allow us to rescue more cats/kittens. Currently we can only rescue as many cats as our foster homes can handle, we do not have a cattery. Also, our current office is a one-stop shop for everything: dogs in crates, visitor check in, phone calls, donation drop off, volunteer lounge area if you can find a seat, we don’t have a lot of sitting room now, storage area, medical treatment area, you name it, it is done in the office! This new addition would allow HSCC to operate more professionally and more safely. Safety of our staff and volunteers is very important.

Estimation: $200,000

2. Asphalt driveway

How this would benefit HSCC: Our driveway is a one lane road into the woods that lead to our kennel, and ends with a small parking area. It is now made of millings. After we have a rain storm, everything becomes a muddy mess: the dogs, the kennel, the office, the staff, the volunteers, an asphalt driveway will benefit the Humane Society in more ways that you might think. It will improve the overall professional look of HSCC, our kennel will stay more clean when our dogs and our staff/volunteers are not constantly tracking in the mud then back into the kennel area, it will also provide a safer surface when winter arrives. Asphalt will be much easier to snow plow and to treat if we have ice. Our current driveway turns into a sheet of ice in the wintertime and because of the surface type it takes forever to melt and becomes a safety hazard to our dogs, staff, volunteer, and visitors.

Estimation: $40,000

Short but interesting Wish List!!!!

I thought you guys had a huge matching fund drive/account specifically to upgrade the building...something like a second story over the office?
What happened to that money?
What happened to that upgrade?

Just wondering....

But I will donate to the new driveway fund...you do need a new one!!!:howdy:
I will drop off a check !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HSCC

GSDlover
We did raise $40,000 for the new addition, and the money is still there, but obviously 40k is not enough to finish, so we have to continue raising funds!

HSCC

GSDlover
Obviously I uploaded the wrong wishlist, :0). Eventhough those large projects are needed, I have attached items that we use on a day to day basis. Sorry about the mix-up...One day we will have an asphalt driveway and a cattery, but I realize that is not something you can buy at the store. Sorry about the confusion.

Attachments

• HSCC WISH LIST.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 128