NATIONAL DOG DAY August 23rd We Need Help!

resrie7

NATIONAL DOG DAY*** Update 8/5/08***

We regret to announce that the National Dog Day 2008 event, scheduled for August 23 in Solomons, MD has been canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience that may cause. We hope to incorporate dog adoption activities into the annual Patuxent River Appreciation Days (PRAD) which will be held on October 11/12, 2008. Any inquiries from vendors or show participants should contact the Animal Miracle Foundation directly, at P.O. Box 2061, Kingston, WA 98346, 877-205-0871.

The announcement above has been sent to the media.

There has been discussion about the dog groups having booths in the Glascock Field across from the Marine Museum during PRAD, on October 11/12, 2008, to get the dogs adopted. Free space should be available, as long as nothing is sold, then a vendor fee would be involved. There will be further communication on this in the coming weeks.

Thank you.

On the afternoon of July 31, 2008, after two attempts to obtain
information by conference calls and one email, I sent an email to
Colleen Paige of the Animal Miracle Foundation requesting
clarification and documentation of eight concerns that I and a number
of NDD Committee members have. I have requested that they provide
this information and documentation by close of business on Tuesday
August 5, 2008.

Last edited:

spinner

Hi...

How can I volunteer? I searched the websites but was unable to find anything about volunteering.

Thanks
Jill

frequentflier

happy to be living
Hi...

How can I volunteer? I searched the websites but was unable to find anything about volunteering.

Thanks
Jill

There is a need for help with the contests, event central (info, lost and found, etc), auditorium moniter, security and parking and much more. I am pm'ing you with the contact people.
Thanks!!

resrie7

It is my understanding that the event has been cancelled. :frown:

There are a lot of rumors and half truths going around. Please everyone just keep patient until the press release comes out on Wednesday. I know it is frustrating but we will all know soon enough when official word comes out in the paper. I plan on posting the press release in the forum as soon as it is released. I was instructed to Please stop all promotional efforts, donations and anything relating to this event until we hear otherwise, that is why I changed my original post in this thread to “stay tuned…”

Thanks

Last edited:
I

Inkpen

National Dog Day Canceled in Solomons
SOLOMONS - 8/7/2008

By Calvert Marine Museum
We regret to announce that the National Dog Day 2008 event, scheduled for August 23 in Solomons, has been canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope to incorporate dog adoption activities into the annual Patuxent River Appreciation Days which will be held on October 11-12, 2008. Any inquiries from vendors or show participants should contact the Animal Miracle Foundation directly at P.O. Box 2061, Kingston, WA 98346 or call (877) 205-0871.

There ya go....it was all in the contract....and it was a bad one at that.