air show cancelled

yeah, they cancelled it, not sure whether to consider it another victory for the terrorists or just a lame excuse from the local commander to get out of having an air show, would think we would want to build up our egos, not run scared. just a dang shame

G

giggles04

Originally posted by David196042
yeah, they cancelled it, not sure whether to consider it another victory for the terrorists or just a lame excuse from the local commander to get out of having an air show, would think we would want to build up our egos, not run scared. just a dang shame

Its not a lame excuse for the commander or whatever to get out of having an air show. The money is just not there to support the kind of security that an air show would need. They plan to have one next year... so we just have to wait until then.

I give

ok, I was hoping that people would see it the other way, an air show is a way for local organizations to make money for their mwr funds, and they usually make alot where i have lived, but this is my first yr here and don't really know how the navy puts on an air show, but for the cost, mainly some sp's and volunteer troops to direct traffic and see that people don't wander into no mans land, and I figure that we are so close to DC and the wasting of money there, we could easily get some $$ from those uppity types...but the bottom line is the terrorists got exactly what they wanted, put the scare into this country and we will no longer feel as free as we are, but I refuse to let "them" affect me..just my 1/2 cent worth

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What's wrong with a minor gate fee to cover the cost of security and trash collection etc.

I don't know about others but I wouldn't have any objection to either a per car or per person fee. Say $2 per head or $10 per car.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
...I think we've seen discussions on the board about how much of the populace feels they are "owed" something....
You're right about that one...It'd be another 30 page thread! :lol:

I don't know how a turnout could be predicted with any accuracy but if there were enough advance notice, and the fee were small enough, I think the majority of people in attendance would be decent about it.

Just an idea I hope they'd kick around though.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jetmonkey
I've been looking for a nice ascii drawing of a dead horse to post on some of these threads when idiots start repeating things that were discussed like two pages ago.
It's not a dead horse but the message is the same.
17lastweek.jpg

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jetmonkey

You know, I've been looking for a nice ascii drawing of a dead horse to post on some of these threads when idiots start repeating things that were discussed like two pages ago. I think it would be fun. I just want the head with the eyes x-ed out, you know?
Close as I can come - maybe you can just cut out the part you need...
deadhorse_800x600.jpg
:D

mtordie

If its just money then charge like the other post suggest. But the moment we change our way of life for the fear of the unknown or terrorists then we loose.

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto

We are talking about PAX River?