Picks for 2002

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't even live in Southern Maryland any more but if I did, here's who my picks would be:

• Governor: Bob Ehrlich (who I intend to vote for)
  • State Comptroller: Anybody but Willie Don
  • Atty General: Anybody but Joe Curran
  • Roy Dyson's doing okay as State Senator and no one's running against him apparently
  • Please, God, do NOT vote for Joe Vallerio
  • Gary Hodge, Tony O'Donnell and Johnny Wood (Johnny wouldn't be my first pick but he seems to be running unopposed)
  • Let's keep Steny - he's got his good and bad points but he's a good pick for the Pax River area
  • Sheriff - who knows? I know that Mickey Bailey and Dave Zylak are honest guys but that's about it - don't know what anyone's agenda is
  • St. Mary's Commissioner Prez: Tommy McKay
  • Other St. Mary's County Commissioners: Merl Evans, Joe Gass, Larry Jarboe and maybe Dan Raley (definitely not Vernon Gray). In fact, if they wanted to make Larry Jarboe Imperial Grand Pooh Bah of St. Mary's County, he'd get my vote - I think that much of him.
  • States Atty: Rick Fritz - say what you will, I've always liked him a lot
  • Don't know anything about the Charles County guys except Fred Davis for Sheriff
  • Calvert Commissioners: I like Linda Kelley, Doug Parran, Roger Tracy and David Hale. I don't know anything about the others
  • Say what you will about Vonzell Ward - I'm liking him for Calvert Sheriff

That's all I know anything about. Again I say, I don't live in the area anymore so my picks are only based on people (good and bad) that I've worked with before, know personally and/or have some knowledge about. Anybody else have picks they like? Care to share any insight on the candidates?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I don't even live in Southern Maryland any more but if I did, here's who my picks would be:

• Roy Dyson's doing okay as State Senator and no one's running against him apparently

Former County Commissioner Barbara Thompson has filed to run against Dyson...

charlie

Has everyone forgotten Mr. McKay's history!!! and Larry Jarboe PLEEEEASE if we can't do better than that we better keep what we got.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's annoying that you'd get on, make a statement like
Has everyone forgotten Mr. McKay's history!!! and Larry Jarboe PLEEEEASE if we can't do better than that we better keep what we got.
then not back it up with any details or facts. What "history" of McKay's are you referring to? And what's wrong with Larry Jarboe? Enquiring minds want to know!

James D

In St. Mary's - What is wrong with Mattingly?

As for Hodge and O'Donnell - you just want to watch them fight, come on admitted it.

Darlene

What "history" of McKay's are you referring to?

hmmm.... Try embezzlement, when daddy Mckay found out it was Tommy, he dropped the charges.