Hey, Guys! Is this true???

Blondie76

Guys Like THIS Hairstyle Best

It took a bunch of serious researchers from Florida State University to figure this out, so listen up. When it comes to women's hair, men like this the best: long, thick, and brown. Why? It's biological. Men are programmed to find a fertile mate, and lead researcher Dr. Kelley Kline thinks long, thick hair is a signal that a woman is strong, young, and healthy. This is the first research to look solely at hair length--and no other facial features--to measure female sex appeal.

The study: Fifty men and 76 women whose average age was 27 rated the attractiveness of women depicted in six different photographs. Three of the photos were of the same young, Caucasian woman who had the same facial expression, but her hair was altered by computer to short, medium, and long lengths. Short was really short--cut close to the head and above the ears. Medium length was just a bit below the ears. Long was at least eight inches below the shoulders.
The results: Both men and women found the long hair to be "overwhelmingly" more attractive than the short or medium-length hair. When women were asked to rate the length of men's hair, the vast majority preferred short or very short haircuts. Kline says men with long hair may be perceived by women as being less virile.

There was one other interesting finding: Men preferred brunettes over blondes. "At least in our study, gentlemen do not prefer blondes. They prefer brunettes," Kline told Reuters. "Its kind of an interesting finding, considering that in our society we concentrate on the blonde. It's so pervasive." The study findings were presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Society in Atlanta, Ga.

:frown: And all this time I thought men preferred blondes over any hair color :wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have had my blond mane forever and no plans to cut it off anytime soon.

This is a bit :offtopic: but a friend of mine mentioned that her hairdresser told her that us blonds could be a lost species in the next 20 years or so. Reason being, that there are so many more interracial children being born that the dominant brown hair gene takes over and squelches the blond genes. Not sure how much truth is to that, but it makes sense to me.

Blondie76

Originally posted by RoseRed
This is a bit :offtopic: but a friend of mine mentioned that her hairdresser told her that us blonds could be a lost species in the next 20 years or so. Reason being, that there are so many more interracial children being born that the dominant brown hair gene takes over and squelches the blond genes. Not sure how much truth is to that, but it makes sense to me.

As long as there is peroxide around...there will always be blondes :biggrin:

Jimbo

Dirty Old Man in Training
You mean there's more to a woman other than boobs?!?!

Na, actually I would have to agree that of all the hairstyles, I do find long, thick dark hair most attractive. I prefer real tight natural curls myself, Kary Russle style, but thats me. But I appreciate any woman who takes care of what she's got. Beautiful, well taken care of hair is a major turn on. The commercial for "The look that gets the touch" is right on the money.

SxyPrincess

I think it's true, but that's just my opinion. I've been told by b/f's to NOT cut my hair before. :shrug:

My natural haircolor is dark brown, but I have medium brown hair now, with blonde highlights.

Bones

My Pennies

I find longer hair more attractive, however that being said. Some woman wear short haircuts much better than other women. It all depends on the woman and what style suits her best.
That, after all is not what makes a woman attractive. Hair style is just another small piece of the intricate puzzle. JMHO.

Athena1078

Social Director
I have brown hair, and the thickness part is definately not a problem for me. I have been working on the length.. past my shoulders finally, but I get so fed up with it. Once it gets too long, it won't do anything, because it is so thick.

Jimbo

Dirty Old Man in Training
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I think it's true, but that's just my opinion. I've been told by b/f's to NOT cut my hair before..

In Michigan, a man legally owns his wife's hair.

When I am king..., most women's hair will be long enough to just cover the bottom of their sholder blades, but not much longer. Anything shorter will require a permit; those that look good with the cut they want (Determined by a panel of gay men and their gay popcorn, Metrosexuals, and women who just have good taste) would be encourated to make the change. Same goes for highlights and off colors. Don't get me wrong, some women look damn good going to the extreme, but we all know at least a dozen people who should definatly put the walmart kit down and leave the cosmetics to the pro's.

Oh yeah, and free plastic surgery for everyone. Up or down, more or less, as long as its pretty. (Works for men and women)

Because I'm equal opportunity, when I'm king, the women get to handle the budget, health care, and public education. Men will not be allowed to pick out their own clothes, unless liscensed by the same panel mentioned above.

I'm also working on a bill that will allow tourists to be legally shot, thus putting the sport back in "tourist season", and making anybody who's tired of hearing some a$$hole knock his community very empowered.