Any flutists?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:howdy: Yes, definitely a flautist - I've been playing since I was about 10. :lol: That looks like a nice beginning flute at a good price. :yay:

My first one was a Bundy and then I moved onto an open hole Armstrong, which I still have and play occasionally. :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You're welcome. Good luck to the kid (daughter?) and hope they stick with it. Make sure they clean it regularly, especially clearing out the moisture inside after every time they play it. It only takes a few seconds but will keep the flute in tip-top shape. And also get a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the exterior of finger prints and the like.

I don't think Ted makes flutes anymore.
Thank goodness! All he's making now is compost. :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
You're welcome. Good luck to your daughter and hope she sticks with it. Make sure she cleans it regularly, especially clearing out the moisture inside after every time she plays it. It only takes a few seconds but will keep the flute in tip-top shape. And also get a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the exterior of finger prints and the like.

I played brass instruments, so I know the drill on maintaining an instrument. If you think a dirty flute is nasty, you should see a tuba after leaving spit in it for a few weeks.

I'm pretty sure she'll stick with it. I'm just happy she didn't choose the clarinet. Nothing hurts more than that beginners clarinet squeak.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You're welcome. Good luck to the kid (daughter?) and hope they stick with it. Make sure they clean it regularly, especially clearing out the moisture inside after every time they play it. It only takes a few seconds but will keep the flute in tip-top shape. And also get a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the exterior of finger prints and the like.

Bug has been asking to learn how to play. I told her to ask GC if she could borrow hers to use. GC said to write a letter to GreatGrandFather, because it is his and he has it (it is all silver I believe).

Honestly, I don't know where she will find the time (nor myself) between school, dance and GS. :faint:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I played brass instruments, so I know the drill on maintaining an instrument. If you think a dirty flute is nasty, you should see a tuba after leaving spit in it for a few weeks.
Oh, tell me about it. My brother played the trumpet and...well... :barf: :dead:

I'm pretty sure she'll stick with it. I'm just happy she didn't choose the clarinet. Nothing hurts more than that beginners clarinet squeak.
Oh, just WAIT until she tries to hit a high C. :jameo: :lalala: :roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bug has been asking to learn how to play. I told her to ask GC if she could borrow hers to use. GC said to write a letter to GreatGrandFather, because it is his and he has it (it is all silver I believe).
Honestly, I wouldn't start her out on an instrument like that. Get her a cheap one and let her learn on that instead of potentially destroying a valuable all-silver one.

Honestly, I don't know where she will find the time (nor myself) between school, dance and GS. :faint:
I don't think your nerves could take it. :lmao: :poorbaby:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Honestly, I wouldn't start her out on an instrument like that. Get her a cheap one and let her learn on that instead of potentially destroying a valuable all-silver one.

I don't think your nerves could take it. :lmao: :poorbaby:

She learned some sort of reed instrument last year and I do not relish the thought of losing a silver family heirloom.

As for my nerves, you are right on target. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And my other favorite flautist...

Jean-Pierre Rampal...saw him twice at the Kennedy Center...absolutely amazing! :yahoo: He unfortunately died a few years ago. :frown: