Best time to ride your bike.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I used to love riding at 430am with my BF. We did a 7 mile loop, I love the dark, I love the cool moist air. I want to start doing this again but on my own. I have all the blinking lights, headlamp, headlight, reflector jacke and helmut, MAlice suggests Kevlar :lmao:

I really wish I lived by St. Mary's City, I would LOVE to ride those trails every morning, no traffic just the sounds of the animals waking..... oh and Jason Voorhees :chchchahahah:

frozenrain

Yes I would love to do that to.You see If i have the oppotunity to exercise outdoors I could do miles and miles all day!!!!
I need a jogging/riding partner in the evening....I am usually1201bs at 5 ft6 but I am 1481lbs at the moment.The same weight as when I gave birth 19 months ago.aggghh.Still in the same size I came out of hospital.
Some people look beautiful with extra pounds but I just look like a big puff fish face.My friend is size 22 and has the most beautiful facial structure but me and 28 1lbs extra- not a good look. NOt blaming it on having children.My first 2 I lost too much weight afterwards down to 100 1bs but maybe hitting 30 and no sidewalks and home baking....
So yes I wish I lived near a beautiful walking bike trail.....

Sorry for being a weight bore just had to get it off my chest ...jUst when I moved here I though living so close to the beautiful country I would be out all day.sadly until I drive I am stuck.I told my husband I should stick a lego block to my ankle and then I would be exactly like a house prisoner.

Sorry Morningbell for hijacking your thread.
Anyway I have just baked some muffins to stick in the freezer for school lunch and about to play football with son.
When I can get out it is great.Went to the beach and looked for the small fish near the shore.Taking fishing nets with my children next weekend.

So sorry I went off topic. :lmao:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Yes I would love to do that to.You see If i have the oppotunity to exercise outdoors I could do miles and miles all day!!!!
I need a jogging/riding partner in the evening....I am usually1201bs at 5 ft6 but I am 1481lbs at the moment.The same weight as when I gave birth 19 months ago.aggghh.Still in the same size I came out of hospital.
Some people look beautiful with extra pounds but I just look like a big puff fish face.My friend is size 22 and has the most beautiful facial structure but me and 28 1lbs extra- not a good look. NOt blaming it on having children.My first 2 I lost too much weight afterwards down to 100 1bs but maybe hitting 30 and no sidewalks and home baking....
So yes I wish I lived near a beautiful walking bike trail.....

Sorry for being a weight bore just had to get it off my chest ...jUst when I moved here I though living so close to the beautiful country I would be out all day.sadly until I drive I am stuck.I told my husband I should stick a lego block to my ankle and then I would be exactly like a house prisoner.

Sorry Morningbell for hijacking your thread.
Anyway I have just baked some muffins to stick in the freezer for school lunch and about to play football with son.
When I can get out it is great.Went to the beach and looked for the small fish near the shore.Taking fishing nets with my children next weekend.

So sorry I went off topic. :lmao:

Come ere... :huggy: shhhhh, you don't have to say sorry.

Lay off the crisps and take away.

Again, come ere, I was just kidding. You're not fat silly :love:

Football is great exercise!

I love my bike, riding it is scary enough in the morning. I just don't know if I have enough guts to ride solo in the wee hours of the AM. If I have enough guts I don't want them splattered all over Great Mills Rd either.

Has anybody ever ahd a close call on thier bike with a car?

thurley42

HY;FR

I love my bike, riding it is scary enough in the morning. I just don't know if I have enough guts to ride solo in the wee hours of the AM. If I have enough guts I don't want them splattered all over Great Mills Rd either.

Guess you don't have base access huh...sucks, it's great to run/bike anytime of the day...

I run at 6am on Saturdays but I live pretty far down 235...there is still traffic, but shoulder is more than wide enough to make sure i have enough room. It is my favorite time to be out as well....you learn some interesting things...

Like there are yard sales going on at 630..and people are there....

tommyjones

lots....
if you have a road bike you could jon paxvelo. they ride on base several days a week and have a group for every ability level. thy can get you access if you dont already have it (as i understand). do a search for their site, all the info is there.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Guess you don't have base access huh...sucks, it's great to run/bike anytime of the day...

I run at 6am on Saturdays but I live pretty far down 235...there is still traffic, but shoulder is more than wide enough to make sure i have enough room. It is my favorite time to be out as well....you learn some interesting things...

Like there are yard sales going on at 630..and people are there....

Running and I aren't friends anymore, I get asthma when I run :confused: but I'm fine on a bike.

lots....
if you have a road bike you could jon paxvelo. they ride on base several days a week and have a group for every ability level. thy can get you access if you dont already have it (as i understand). do a search for their site, all the info is there.

Cool, thanks! Does this mean I have to race though?

T

toppick08

Ride anytime you want, just don't get in my phuckin' way......:duh:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Just got back from Brunswick ME. They have a single paved lane running between the Androscoggin River and Rt.1.
It's divided up so 2/3 are for bikes and 1/3 for pedestrians.

The bike/hike trail actually runs up through most of the state, if you google map Brunswick and go to the satellite mode you can see the path.

frozenrain

Thankyou.My post was rather self-indulgent.It must be lovely to get out and be free as a bird but tackling the traffic on the roads nearby I am not sure.I do not want to be under the wheels of a car.
The bike club that go on the base sounds like a brilliant idea.

Here is there entrance test

:lmao:Just kidding

Then you and toppick can have it out car verses bike:

:huggy:Hope you get out on your bike soon!

Last edited:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Thankyou.My post was rather self-indulgent.It must be lovely to get out and be free as a bird but tackling the traffic on the roads nearby I am not sure.I do not want to be under the wheels of a car.
The bike club that go on the base sounds like a brilliant idea.

Here is there entrance test

:lmao:Just kidding

Then you and toppick can have it out car verses bike:

:huggy:Hope you get out on your bike soon!

That was effin HILARIOUS! :roflmao:

Toppick, its on! :evil: