Kid drops out of school to play video game

Nanny Pam

Why do the parents allow this to happen?

If my son did that, his ass would have been busted a few times, and then he would have gone right back to school, while the guitar hero went on E-Bay for 15 cents.

Yeah.....

Gwydion

Why do parents allow their kids to drop out of school to pursue modeling, sports, TV, etc. careers?

Very few spots available for each of these, and the chances of making millions -is- there.

Nitrana, from Pandemic pulls in ~$100,000 a month and travels the world playing in arena tournaments in World of Warcraft. He is 19 years old.

Xaquin44

If my son did that, his ass would have been busted a few times, and then he would have gone right back to school, while the guitar hero went on E-Bay for 15 cents.

Yeah.....

I made $50 in a Smash Bros Tournament once ....

Not worth me dropping out for, but the guy who won made $1,000 and this was a little tournament in some guys house.

If I could make $1,000 for an hour or two of playing a game and travel the country doing it, I sure would.

Gwydion

Not worth me dropping out for, but the guy who won made $1,000 and this was a little tournament in some guys house.

If I could make $1,000 for an hour or two of playing a game and travel the country doing it, I sure would.

Haha, the most I got was a case of beer, a fifth of vlad, and a case of bawls. And that was for Street Fighter 2. Chun Li is hax

Xaquin44

Haha, the most I got was a case of beer, a fifth of vlad, and a case of bawls. And that was for Street Fighter 2. Chun Li is hax

hahaha awesome

I got luckey in my tournament. I got an opponant that was just there with a friend and hadn't played much.

H

hborror

For some reason I can't watch the video but it's professional gamers. I would make my son/duaghter graduate high school though. Video game testers too. You could make a lot of money doing these kinds of things.

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
a bloo bloo bloo

some people are good at video games and have found a way to make a living doing something they enjoy

a bloo bloo

Finish high school, then do whatever you want.

:shortbus::whoosh:

Whatever im leaving this one alone. :banghead:

Xaquin44

Finish high school, then do whatever you want.

:shortbus::whoosh:

Whatever im leaving this one alone. :banghead:

"whooooosh" nothing. Seriously, if you could make a TON of money doing something you really loved doing, but had (or wanted) to leave school to do it, would you?

I sure as heck would.

a HS diploma isn't worth the paper its printed on. Heck, you don't even need one to go to a 2 year college and transfer out.

and if you want one that bad, you can get a GED anyway.

Gwydion

"whooooosh" nothing. Seriously, if you could make a TON of money doing something you really loved doing, but had (or wanted) to leave school to do it, would you?

I sure as heck would.

a HS diploma isn't worth the paper its printed on. Heck, you don't even need one to go to a 2 year college and transfer out.

and if you want one that bad, you can get a GED anyway.

The one issue with dropping out to pursue this career is that there isn't a guarunteed salary. Short of sponsorships (which -very- few people actually get) its a lot like acting. Unless my kid was getting signed on for a 3 year contract making $x per year, I wouldn't let him/her.

But...that wouldn't prevent me from taking him/her to tournaments on the weekend or pulling him outta school for a day or two to go to them.

Xaquin44

The one issue with dropping out to pursue this career is that there isn't a guarunteed salary. Short of sponsorships (which -very- few people actually get) its a lot like acting. Unless my kid was getting signed on for a 3 year contract making $x per year, I wouldn't let him/her.

But...that wouldn't prevent me from taking him/her to tournaments on the weekend or pulling him outta school for a day or two to go to them.

I guess I should have ammended that to say if he 'knew' he could make a bundle it'd be ok.