Goddard Farm Blue Grass Fest

Today I noticed the sign for the annual blue grass festival at the Goddard Farm near St. Mary's fairground. I've looked at that sign for years, but have never attended. I though about passing the word about this to friends and family up the road who are into blue grass.

Anyone gone in the past? What do ya think? Is it worth a three hour drive??

fuzzyng

I thinks its on the 8, 9, 10, and 11 of August... I have a lot of info, because we do most of the fliers and posters at work, for it... if you want, i could convert a few things into PDF's if you all want

Originally posted by fuzzyng
I thinks its on the 8, 9, 10, and 11 of August... I have a lot of info, because we do most of the fliers and posters at work, for it... if you want, i could convert a few things into PDF's if you all want

fuzzyng, your dates match up with the ones I saw on the sign. I'd sure appreciate a PDF if you can do it. Give me a link or send it via email (StillCrazee@hotmail.com). And make it easy on yourself.

Thanks.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Me too! Haven't been to a bluegrass festival in years, but they're a lot of fun!

Went to the big annual one in Gettysburg in 1996 and camped out. The guy I was seeing at the time took my daughter and I, and she was a HELLION that weeked! (it figures!) We lost her twice in the crowd, and then she tried to unlock his car door with a STICK and jammed up the lock! Needless to say, that was one of our last dates....:D

I have not been to one for a couple of year but I am going to go this year. My uncle is one of the Bluegrass bands that is going to be preforming. At let me tell you that he is the best if not the best. It is so much fun even though you can't drink.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
he he he he he

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Can someone pass this information my way? I'd like to snatch a few tickets to the event.

Thanks! :kiss:

She said "snatch".

he he he he he he he he

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Can someone pass this information my way? I'd like to snatch a few tickets to the event.

Thanks! :kiss:

You can find all that you need to know at this websitehttp://www.gotech.com/events.dir/lilmarg/homepg98.htm

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually I went last year (followed the signs and there I was!) I really enjoyed it - bluegrass musicians from all over the US along with clogging, buck dancing etc. Food (kinda pricey) and restrooms were available. I went for only one day, but would have loved to camp out for the enire fesitival. It did however look like you should get there early to get a good location for the camping / rving aspect. Bring your own chair /blanket to sit on and probably a cooler as well. Bring along extra cash to buy any cd's of the musicians who performed and they will autograph for you (nice touch)

Thanks!

Originally posted by Guest
You can find all that you need to know at this websitehttp://www.gotech.com/events.dir/lilmarg/homepg98.htm
Guest, thanks for doin' the leg work for me. I passed the link to my folks. BTW, Spoon Creek played at my weddin' reception. They were terriffic. If you uncle is with them, you've got a good reason to brag about him. :)

fuzzyng, thanks for the PDF offer. But it looks like I won't be needing it. Others might want it though.

migtig, thanks for the review and pointers.