Wii

swm462

Looking to buy a Wii at retail price. Anyone know where I might find one? I have checked best buy, walmart, circuit city. All sold out everywhere, even online. I saw a stack of them for sale at a drug store in Canada last weekend but didn't have the money on me to buy one. Anyone know where I could check besides the big stores?
Thanks.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Kmart, Target, or Ebay.

Try going early morning on Sunday when the doors open. Then, make a mad dash run to the electronic department and ask for Wii.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
They don't always have the Wii out on the floor. Find out shipment dates. Someone posted a Wii tracking website. I'm too lazy to look it up, but search Wii.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
They don't always have the Wii out on the floor. Find out shipment dates. Someone posted a Wii tracking website. I'm too lazy to look it up, but search Wii.

That's right. They don't have them out on the floor. They locked them up to keep them safe and will get it when asked for one.

thurley42

HY;FR

:yeahthat:

They have millions of them on there and they aren't price gouged anymore....I bought a full system with 2 controllers, 2 nunchucks, 14 games, an HD cable, a controller charger, and jackets for all the controllers for 350 bucks this weekend...

Gwydion

I hate the way they advertise that. Yes, ok, there are 14 different instances of games, but each one takes about 45 seconds to play. The 14 games is the initial disc that everybody gets, plus the free disc that comes with the extra wii controller (which has ~10 games on it). So its not like the 14 games are full...games.

I'm sure you knew that, but I know some grandparents saw that when they were orginally coming out and got it for their grandchildren thinking each game was $50.

Either way, all that for $350 is a steal.

thurley42

HY;FR
I hate the way they advertise that. Yes, ok, there are 14 different instances of games, but each one takes about 45 seconds to play. The 14 games is the initial disc that everybody gets, plus the free disc that comes with the extra wii controller (which has ~10 games on it). So its not like the 14 games are full...games.

I'm sure you knew that, but I know some grandparents saw that when they were orginally coming out and got it for their grandchildren thinking each game was $50.

Either way, all that for $350 is a steal.

Yeah i know that....I really only got it because we've had a Wii fit and my wife wanted to try it out...I ordered the Midway games thing with the beer pong game and that will probably be the only things I use it for...but yeah, if you don't know what you are looking for then you are going to think you are getting 14 seperate 50 dollar games...

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I bought one from someone last week for 200.00. Have all the standard games, numchucks, extra charger and something else. good deal.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

if you want to pay 2 or 3 times retail.

Best bet watch the Saturday Best Buy flyer and if you see them advertised be there on Sunday about an hour (or two) before they open. Last delivery thy got 17, I was 14/17 in line.. LOT of people went home empty handed, and others showed up after they opened and went home dejected.

sexy_pants

Best bet watch the Saturday Best Buy flyer and if you see them advertised be there on Sunday about an hour (or two) before they open. Last delivery thy got 17, I was 14/17 in line.. LOT of people went home empty handed, and others showed up after they opened and went home dejected.

i got mine wii off ebay as well as wii fit for $395 for both, including shipping

thurley42

HY;FR

yeah..like i said earlier...you aren't paying anything over retail anymore...they have some base systems for 249.00 for "Buy it Now"....you can get bundles, base systems whatever you want for store prices....

swm462

cool, thanks for the reply all. I did check ebay out before I posted on the forum, did a quick check and saw a bunch for around 350. I'll look a bit harder next time.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Yeah i know that....I really only got it because we've had a Wii fit and my wife wanted to try it out...I ordered the Midway games thing with the beer pong game and that will probably be the only things I use it for...but yeah, if you don't know what you are looking for then you are going to think you are getting 14 seperate 50 dollar games...

Just be sure not to spill...:killingme

SamSpade

We're getting one in a day or two - it's still being shipped.

I've read or heard that it's possible to browse the Web on a Wii. Does anyone know how that can be done?

Doghnut

We're getting one in a day or two - it's still being shipped.

I've read or heard that it's possible to browse the Web on a Wii. Does anyone know how that can be done?

Well, first you have to hook it up to the internet (obviously :). The Wii has built in Wifi, so if you have a wireless router, you can connect through that. If you dont, then your two options are to buy a Nintendo WiFi adapter (it plugs into your computer and basically acts like a wireless router) or buy a slightly cheaper ethernet adapter that gives your Wii an ethernet port that you can then use to plug into a router. (I recommend the first adapter personally. Yeah, your computer has to be on to use it, but it works with the DS too if you ever get one...in reality your best option is to just buy a real wireless router if you don't already own one.)

After that, you can download the Opera web browser from Nintendo to surf the web. The Wii isnt really set up to surf the web, but there are a few websites out there specifically designed for the Wii (like WiiTube) that work well on the Wii.