Spore!

Gwydion

Spore was released today. A few friends in Norway were able to get their hands on it on last Thursday and they are saying it is absolutely awesome. Not sure if I have time to go pick it up today....but if not, then it will be mine tomorow!

M

Mousebaby

Spore was released today. A few friends in Norway were able to get their hands on it on last Thursday and they are saying it is absolutely awesome. Not sure if I have time to go pick it up today....but if not, then it will be mine tomorow!

Um, I'm not sure if you are talking about the original Spore, but I have it, I can try to copy it for you. If you want me to. Let me know!

Gwydion

This one is called the starter kit. I don't know, I originally bought it for my 9 yr. old. He got bored with it quick. :shrug:

Ah, no, thats the creature creator (I believe) which is only a small demo of the game (which you can download for free). Spore is a game where you create a one celled creature and then progress it through evolutionary cycles from cell, to creature, to tribe, to civilization, to space age. Quite cool!

B

Beth_kennedy

Ah, no, thats the creature creator (I believe) which is only a small demo of the game (which you can download for free). Spore is a game where you create a one celled creature and then progress it through evolutionary cycles from cell, to creature, to tribe, to civilization, to space age. Quite cool!

I like SIMS better...:shrug: I have not tired SPORE though.

M

Mousebaby

I like SIMS better...:shrug: I have not tired SPORE though.

I have Sims and Sims2 stuff coming out my ears. I no longer play them. Just sitting here collecting dust. I also bought the Desperate Housewives version of sims. Not impressed, but it might be cause I was just bored with the whole thing. :ohwell:

B

Beth_kennedy

Then how do ya know you like sims more? :)

What I meant by that was I am a SIMS fan, I like building my houses, running business, fashion. Now I could be wrong....but based from what I read, SPORE does not seem to have this in the game....

I do think SPORE and SIMS are from EA???

B

Beth_kennedy

I have Sims and Sims2 stuff coming out my ears. I no longer play them. Just sitting here collecting dust. I also bought the Desperate Housewives version of sims. Not impressed, but it might be cause I was just bored with the whole thing. :ohwell:

Mouse, if you are looking to get rid of them, PM me....

Gwydion

See, I just cannot see a great pair of shoes and flat screen coming into play...:lmao:

But on the other hand it looks really interesting....Will Wright was the name I was trying to think of....

Haha, well I just bought it so I'll let ya know if you can get some purty shoes :)

B

Beth_kennedy

awwww lawl. i was lyke... O RLY!?
:pete:
SOMEONE MADE A BLACK TEMPLE REPICA IN SPORE?! XD

anyway, spore looks entertaining, but like Sims, also looks like it can get boring fast.

It depends on the person with sims you have all the EP's and SP's and the downloads plus the ability to creat custom content...it is not for everyone but it is a very popular game.....

Gwydion

Well, that was a waste of $50. What I was hoping would be a science-backed game turned out to be more of a kids "ooo pretty shuiny things" game.

2/10

M

Mousebaby

Well, that was a waste of $50. What I was hoping would be a science-backed game turned out to be more of a kids "ooo pretty shuiny things" game.

2/10

I'll take it, my kids will love it! :lmao: Free of course, I'm cheap that way! :biggrin:

I only mean cheap as in cheap for paying for things, nothing else you people get your minds out of the gutter! :lmao:

Discovery (or was it TLC...?) has been airing a show last few nights on the new Spore. I caught a few minutes of the tail end of it. Not into gaming, so I wasn't that interested.