Warcraft 3 Custom Map

Xaquin44

The map is called Ancient Battlefield and is very much in the vein of DoTA.

This map has been in the making for over a year in his spare time and he's finally taken it out of the realm of friends vs. friends and into the realm of Battlenet.

Differences:

Enemy Hero: Rather then kill an enemy ancient, you have to kill an enemy hero located in the center of the enemy base. The hero has a limited range of movement and 8 slots for items that you can give him if you want. Example: Enemy creeps are getting through to your hero? Give him a weapon with cleave to hold them off while you assault the lines at the source.

Gold per tick: Gold is easier to come by in this map. You get a set amount per tick which is augmented by three gold mines for each side. These gold mines provide 10 gold per tick and can be captured. The gold from the captured mine will be added to your existing mines.

Travel: Ancient Battlefield has the standard DoTA methods of travel (called walking sticks as opposed to boots), but also has Teleporters located in the main base. These teleporters will port you near your frontline towers, but are only one way. There are also teleport scroll salesmen located around the map should the need arise.

Items: In addition to normal starting items and items combined with recipes, there is a shop located in each base that sells powerful premade items for slightly less than a recipe and all componants. Some items can be augmented with gems. Some increase spell damage or healing power.

Heroes: Heroes have a total of 5 abilities rather then 4 abilities and stats.

If you like DoTA or don't like it, I think this map is worth trying out.

Website (still under construction, but has the current Download) is Right Here

Forums (Ready to go, and I'll be adding a slew of stuff tonight) are Right Here

Hope you enjoy =)

If you have questions or comments or suggestions or complaints, by all means, let me know!

Xaquin44

Is this your work Xaq? I do <3 me some DotA

It's my friends work. Id say 99% his stuff and 1% mine lol

I see it as a more accessible version of DoTA. Easier to move around and easier to get money for items. If you die a few times, it's easier to rebound.

It's a great map =)