Scam Alert!

A former Leonardtown High School student and football player has been contacting families of his high school and pigskin teammates and acquaintances with “car trouble”.  He has approached the homes of some families and called in the late evening and early morning at others.  The person asks for money to acquire a tow truck or car repairs, and in some cases has asked for a ride to various locations.  Locations where this person has been requiring a ride to or from include Lexington Park, Hollywood, and Leonardtown.  This person is a white male in his early twenties with brown hair and very close-cropped hair.  He is approximately 5’6”, 150-175 lbs. Please be warned as we are hoping to help other families in preventing further deception of former Leonardtown High School students’ and Pigskin players’ families. Please email stmarysfamilies@hotmail.com if you have already been a victim of this deception and want to contact other families to purse action.

Sincerely,

Families Looking to Help

We have been instructed by the police not to use his name in a public accusation (due to a possible defamation of character charges).  I will email his name to anyone who would like to confirm that this was the person who attempted to scam them.

dolphin

This is scary.
This person called me the other night. I did not help him. I use to go to school with him.  It amazes me what people will do for money. I hope they catch him before he scammes anyone else.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Please send to my email in my profile.  I'll ask a friend of mine that used to teach at LHS.

spicy

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but the phone I answered his call with was an older cordless one. Roughly 5 inches from end to end, and the antenna is black and about an inch and a half long. Again I'm not sure, but this could help.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
spicy said:
I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but the phone I answered his call with was an older cordless one. Roughly 5 inches from end to end, and the antenna is black and about an inch and a half long. Again I'm not sure, but this could help.
Huh? :confused:

spicy said:
Could be, sometimes those calls are out there traveling through space until they get the proper signal that they can be received.

spicy

desertrat said:
Could be, sometimes those calls are out there traveling through space until they get the proper signal that they can be received.

You mean like in that one movie with bruce willis? Thats a little far-fetched, don't you think? What was it called Amplitude or something? Anyway its not very likely.

2ballscrewball

spicy said:

OH MY GOD, I HAVE A BLACK PHONE

spicy

mainman said:
Thank god I am not an MPD, he seems to be targeting them....:whew:

You know others in the microsoft project database i am assuming who have also become victims?! How much money was scammed?? This needs to be brought to someones attention. It could quickly escalate to epic proportions.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
spicy said:
You know others in the microsoft project database i am assuming who have also become victims?! How much money was scammed?? This needs to be brought to someones attention. It could quickly escalate to epic proportions.

:rolleyes: :doh:

mainman

Set Trippin
spicy said:
I have given this careful consideration, have you thought about writing the mayor? :confused: