question about M.A.S.H

J

jp2854

Is M.A.S.H like an emergency vet like annapolis is? I am just curious as I have heard a few people talking about it and would hate to drive 2.5hrs out if mash does the same thing as they are closer to me.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yes and they are pretty awesome. Big Kudos to the staff there. Also I have heard they are much better than the emergency hospital in waldorf.

J

jp2854

I would never take any of my pets to waldorf (I heard they suck you dry and they really don't care about the animals they just want the money). The only places I will go are mash and annapolis animal hospital (now that I know mash is an emergency animal hospital).

devenny99

I had to take my dog to the emergency clinic in Waldorf and do not beileve that I was "sucked dry" by them. They took very good care of my sick dog. I do believe that there are certain docs in any medical practice who will do that but I do not believe that I was helped by one of them.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I have been to MASH a few times, was at Waldorf once, and have been to Annapolis. Annapolis is the place I'd pick.

MASH was very good with Abbey when she needed to be stitched up. On another occasion I was there with a forumite and was a little less impressed and it left me questioning a few things. MASH operates an emergency room for pets, but during the day they are also a specialty hospital and rehab center.

Waldorf was the worst experience I've ever had at any veterinary facility. Dirty..unprofessional veterinarian, etc. Ick.

Annapolis is the best by far, however.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Is M.A.S.H like an emergency vet like annapolis is? I am just curious as I have heard a few people talking about it and would hate to drive 2.5hrs out if mash does the same thing as they are closer to me.

:yikes: Are you walking? Annapolis:yay:

J

jp2854

no I am not walking but I live over 1hr to prince frederick and annapolis is another hr or so from there depending on traffic if you see what i mean. I have been to annapolis a lot of times with my pets.

L

luckystar

I just had to take my cat Manny to MASH Sunday morning. I wasn't let down or impressed, but my cat came out better than when he came in... I suppose. He's not sick anymore, but he's healing from a surgery it turns out he didn't really need. The xrays really looked like he had swallowed something, and all the symptoms were pointing to that as well. They didn't find anything, but the antibiotics must have kicked whatever illness he may have had. Their best guess about the xray is that it may have been overlapping intestines. I can't wait to go home for lunch and check up on him.

Lacie Girl

My BFF is a Pit Bull!
I take Brom to MASH for his front leg. But he is special like that. :) I haven't had to use them for emergency services, just maintenance on his one leg.