World of Warcraft: WotLK

W

Wenchy

Yes......

Two years ago she told me about WoW. I told her she was nuts. Her reply, "No more nuts than you and your somd.com forums."

She has maintained straight A's in college, and is now an adult. As long as she pays her own darn bills I don't care if she plays it.

I don't think she even has time now, but again, her choice.

Beta84

They're out to get us
My daughter has a World of Warcraft Mastercard. Should I be worried?

cancel the account. burn any and all World of Warcraft stuff that is in your home. That game sucks you in and makes you a deadbeat. Anyone who's in school will most likely have suffering grades as a result of that game, unless you're one of those people who can close your eyes and go through with ease.

I played it myself, had a terrible semester in school, and pried myself away. Other friends of mine, or people i met through the game, weren't nearly as lucky. It really is a bad habit to get into. The higher levels are worse...you get stuck on for hours just to do 1 thing and if you don't stay, you're letting down the 60 people who are in your group. I know a few people (that i knew within the game) who had to quit their jobs and took up bartending or some other jobs with flexible hours because they kept playing the game.

Down with WoW!!!

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
cancel the account. burn any and all World of Warcraft stuff that is in your home. That game sucks you in and makes you a deadbeat. Anyone who's in school will most likely have suffering grades as a result of that game, unless you're one of those people who can close your eyes and go through with ease.

I played it myself, had a terrible semester in school, and pried myself away. Other friends of mine, or people i met through the game, weren't nearly as lucky. It really is a bad habit to get into. The higher levels are worse...you get stuck on for hours just to do 1 thing and if you don't stay, you're letting down the 60 people who are in your group. I know a few people (that i knew within the game) who had to quit their jobs and took up bartending or some other jobs with flexible hours because they kept playing the game.

Down with WoW!!!

Thank you so much for being honest! I've been trying to tell my hubby that the WoW got him reeled and hooked because he can not get away from it. He won't see it because he's in denial. I HATE WoW with a PASSION! Also, they always come up with new version that you have to pay more $$$ to upgrade. As well as making you pay for internet monthly payment fees. It SUCKS!

Xaquin44

Thank you so much for being honest! I've been trying to tell my hubby that the WoW got him reeled and hooked because he can not get away from it. He won't see it because he's in denial. I HATE WoW with a PASSION! Also, they always come up with new version that you have to pay more $$$ to upgrade. As well as making you pay for internet monthly payment fees. It SUCKS!

While I don't know how much time he puts into it, I will have to say that it's probably the most inexpensive hobby in the world. $10.00 a month + $50.00 every two years for an expansion is dirt cheap. Heck, smoke more then a couple packs of cigarettes in a month or visit a bar once a month and you spend more then that.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
While I don't know how much time he puts into it, I will have to say that it's probably the most inexpensive hobby in the world. $10.00 a month + $50.00 every two years for an expansion is dirt cheap. Heck, smoke more then a couple packs of cigarettes in a month or visit a bar once a month and you spend more then that.

Maybe so, but is it worth giving up your time to be with the family just to play WoW? That's a crappy hobby to be playing. I think he's playing WoW way too much. There is a time I wish that the computer games were never invented. :ohwell:

I don't have to worry about cigarettes or bars because we don't smoke at all or drink very often.

Xaquin44

Maybe so, but is it worth giving up your time to be with the family just to play WoW? That's a crappy hobby to be playing. I think he's playing WoW way too much. There is a time I wish that the computer games were never invented. :ohwell:

I don't have to worry about cigarettes or bars because we don't smoke at all or drink very often.

yeah, it can be addictive?

How often does he play (realistically though .... I used to have people tell me I played to much after not getting on-line in a week)?

It's a fine line .... would he spend time away if he wasn't playing?

I've heard two sides .... One side says that 'he's always on and needs to spend more time doing other things' and the other side will say 'he's not at a bar or out getting in trouble .... let him hit 65'

I guess I've seen both sides to the argument.

Hope it works out though =)

Gwydion

I'll be done when WotLK comes out. Played it almost since release and have 8 level 70s now. Did all the raids, competed in top brackets of arena.

I absolutely hated TBC. It ruined the game. It went from an innovative well thought out game to a "We own the market, we can release #### and people will still buy it" game.

Just take a look at the amount of detail they spent in pre-tbc. Boss fights were unique. The battlegrounds were unique. hell, BRD was the -best- designed instance out of any game I have played (which is saying a lot). The lore behind each instance, each spell, each....book was taken directly from the 15 odd years Warcraft has been around.

TBC was a joke. They shot lore in the ass. They made it possible to play the game a few hours a week and still be at the same level as the end game raiders as far as gear goes. They made the game easier to get to end game (20% decreased XP requirements til 60, 3x as much xp from mobs/quests if played with an "Invite a friend to play WoW") they gave horde pallys and alliance shaman because of "newly designed raids". No. Shaman are not needed and ok, pallys are always nice, but still...it shot lore in the head.

Browsing mmo champion I see that, just as tbc did, I will be replacing damn near ALL of my gear by the time I hit 74. 76 will see EVERY single piece replaced. T6? Gone. S4? Gone. Just like pre-tbc saw all my T3 gone by 64.

And deathknights? Hell no. Warcraftmovies.com has a video of one solo-ing Onyxia. Absolutely no way am I going to continue playing a game that allows soloing of Ony.

I think this time around I'm not going to waste my time on it.

The problem is....they really do own the market. Its by far the easiest MMORPG to log in, play for....however long...and log out. As opposed to LOTRO or war, its not nearly as "heavy" feeling. The ability to access great gear without any effort makes people that dont have enough time a nice target.

It was fun. But TBC ruined it for me and I won't allow WotLK to decimate it.

Xaquin44

Absolutely no way am I going to continue playing a game that allows soloing of Ony.

me and two friends three manned Ony pre BC =)

Warrior, Priest and Rogue in full T2

Phase one was so easy. Phase 2 Warrior kited drakes around into one big ball and Priest aoe'd them down while I was killing Ony with deadly IV and rupture.

Deep breath is easy as crap to avoid

Phase three was just as easy as phase 1

(didn't drop anything we could use though .... war. and cleric already had head quest and I had better .... least we got a bag)

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Boy 1 is ready. He's topped out in WoW. He said get him the game and order his class ring - Christmas is done for him. I think I'm getting off cheap here.

Boy 2 has not mastered WoW yet. He is not ready.

LateApex

I'll be done when WotLK comes out. Played it almost since release and have 8 level 70s now. Did all the raids, competed in top brackets of arena.

Cool.

What brackets did you play in?

What were you comps?

Wouldn't mind armorying you to see your makeup...

I'm playing mostly 2s right now:

Warr/Druid (easy mode. lol) making a push for S4 shoulders.

This one is fun:

BM Hunter/Warlock: make it to 1800's then pushed down.

I made Glad in S3 on my Rogue. My partner quit during S4 so I'm looking for a 2s team.

sparkyaclown

I canceled my account. I'm done, WotLK really doesn't impress me. On release day your going to see nothing but Death Knights running around. WotLK is just more of the same, nothing new or innovative. Honestly I don't get the reasoning for releasing 1 new class which is clearly overpowered compared to the others. What happened to the hero classes they talked about in the early days? I've been disappointed recently with the direction the game seemed to be going. The addition of the arena rank requirement on battleground gear was a truly bonehead move by Blizzard. While it didn't really effect me, it sent a message about where the game was going and was kind of the last straw for me.

charger383

I canceled my account. I'm done, WotLK really doesn't impress me. On release day your going to see nothing but Death Knights running around. WotLK is just more of the same, nothing new or innovative. Honestly I don't get the reasoning for releasing 1 new class which is clearly overpowered compared to the others. What happened to the hero classes they talked about in the early days? I've been disappointed recently with the direction the game seemed to be going. The addition of the arena rank requirement on battleground gear was a truly bonehead move by Blizzard. While it didn't really effect me, it sent a message about where the game was going and was kind of the last straw for me.
have you looked at the talent trees for the current classes? deathnight will be all over yeah, only if you have a lvl 58 on that server, and you can only have 1 per server.

on to the idiot who said wow turns people into deadbeats... nuff said. i work 2 jobs have a loving family that includes a 2yr old i play more than i should i do not consider myself a deadbeat. Im tired of people looking at wow and saying... its a nerd thing also. your just pissed cauz you have to do more than run and push x to shoot something.
anyway... im in line for wotlk and can wait.. just upgraded pcs for it

Beta84

They're out to get us
on to the idiot who said wow turns people into deadbeats... nuff said. i work 2 jobs have a loving family that includes a 2yr old i play more than i should i do not consider myself a deadbeat. Im tired of people looking at wow and saying... its a nerd thing also. your just pissed cauz you have to do more than run and push x to shoot something.
anyway... im in line for wotlk and can wait.. just upgraded pcs for it

you work 2 jobs and have a family including a 2 year old? how much time do you play a week? I wasn't necessarily meaning deadbeat, but it takes you away from things that would be more useful, which isn't good. If you have 2 jobs + a family, are you potentially neglecting your family or responsibilities (or maybe just your sleep) by playing the game? That's all I'm saying (though I was referring to neglecting studies and class, but the same applies). Once you get to the high levels, there are times where you are 'stuck' playing for 3-4 hours. That's where the REAL problems results. You shouldn't be on a game for 3-4 hours in a row when you have other stuff to do in the day. Considering most people allow this to happen 3, 4 times a week (minimum) if they're playing the game the way it's "supposed" to be played, that turns into a good chunk of time devoted to a game.

Is the game nerdy? Don't think so. It's just like any other game, honestly. If someone plays NCAA Football all the time, is it nerdy of them? Usually, the answer to that is no. So WoW isn't any nerdier than that, really. I've seen a bunch of dumb people on that game before. Can't call them nerds.

BOP

Families are so overrated! :lmao:

Wife says "at least I know where you are [playing xbox/computer games]."

Have never tried the online games, but have been thinking about WoW.