Best Flea Control Meds for Dawgs

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Advantage ... Frontline ... Advantix ... other?

Which one do you think is best? Have you used more than one?

I used Advantage once before and got decent results, but never tried the others. What are the differences?

TIA! :smile:

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Your vet can give you a heart worm / flea control pill (Frontline) that you give to your dog once a month. Works great.

crabcake

Thx Bulldawg & Appy. I know that they work (used Advantage before). I just didn't know the difference. I'm also going to order them from 1800petmeds.com this time instead of the vet. Better prices, free shipping, etc. The time savings for me alone makes it worth it even if it was more expensive.

Appy, I'm looking on there for that hot spot shampoo too, but don't see any that they offer. Where can I get that sulfa stuff for the hot spots?

Thanks again! :smile:

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Yea, you are right, I looked at the package - It's called Sentinel and is only prescribed by a vet.

crabcake

I never thought about ebay for flea stuff! :ohwell: but I'll check it out too. I just saw a commercial for that 1800petmeds site and checked it out and they had better prices than my vet, free delivery, etc. so it sounded good/convenient to me.

Appy ... if you have time, would you take a look at the www.1800petmeds.com site and let me know which of those shampoos/meds would be best to use for the hot spots on Emmitt? I'm confused by all of them and don't know if some contain things he doesn't really need (or don't really work).

crabcake

holy shiznit somd-ers! :yikes: Only $24 for a 3 month supply of frontline plus AND free shipping?

uhhh, DUH! :cool: ordering it now!

crabcake

oh, i didn't see that appy :frown:

just saw a 12 month supply of frontline for $77 on ebay too. it's just hard for me to get down there (Park or Leonardtown) during the week b/c I don't get home from work (and picking up the little one) until 6 p.m. as it is :frown:

any worries with ordering stuff like this from ebay? :ohwell:

crabcake

ordered the stuff from the dude. Thanks again appy! :wink: His feedback is pretty hard to ignore ... 100% positive with that many transactions ... :yikes:

I sent you a PM too.

Thanks again for your help!

Cowgirl

My parents used to buy flea and heartworm medsfrom Drs. Foster and Smith (just like petmeds) for their greyhounds. I'm pretty sure that St. Mary's is matching the price as long as you bring in a print-out. It's more convenient for them to just swing by the vet hosp to pick it up.