Sign of the times?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
242779-91366.jpg

Well, I guess you could say it does. When we cheapen life before birth, it's no wonder so many women have been in the news killing their children these days. Your thoughts?

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/news/stories/20020717/topstories/242779.html

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well first of all, you picked a really touchy subject to post about. Be prepared for a lot of grief. Second of all, I think the sign should be banned. Although I am pro-choice, I just feel that each person should keep their opinions to their selves. If you don't believe in it, then don't have one, but no one should tell me what I can and can't do with my body. People pierce their bodies, and get tattoos, and alothough not even close in comparison, they have the right to control their bodies. Living in america guarantees that. I am tired of seeing the bumper stickers and signs, but this is a free country and there isn't anything I can do about it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
-shocking huh?

It amazes me that some people will be offended by the sign but not the act itself. Living in America also guarantees freedom of speech. Like it or not --it makes people think.

James D

'Second of all, I think the sign should be banned. Although I am pro-choice, I just feel that each person should keep their opinions to their selves.'

Another example of free speech, as long as I agree with you.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I think it's a great sign! :clap: You don't have to go into details with a seven year old. If my kid asked, I'd just tell them it's a painful surgical procedure.

I also think it is fantastic that they list a phone number for help. I personally don't think you can stop abortion through legislation, but you can cut down the numbers through education. (hey look, I made a rhyme! :lmao: )

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Sharon
It amazes me that some people will be offended by the sign but not the act itself.
:clap: Sharon! :kiss:

Since I'm a rather brutal parent and my kids will be on the analyst's couch in years to come anyway, when they asked about abortion I told them what it was. They said, "GROSS!" And I said, "Yes." One of the girls said, "Do you mean to say that someone can just legally kill an unborn baby?" And I said, "Yes." Another said, "But if you don't want to have a baby, why wouldn't you just not have sex or at least use birth control?" I replied, "Good question."

Abortion is disgusting but it's probably better than having the offspring of these irresponsible women running around. Or having her wait until they're older to do a post-partum abortion on them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People do things in public all the time that I'd prefer to not have to expose my kids to. Take a look at a newspaper or CNN sometime - they have some gross sh*t that they're pretty graphic about. Last night they were talking about that little girl that was kidnapped and found yesterday and the graphic, descriptive language they used was beyond belief. Newspapers show pictures of mutilated bodies...it's disgusting.

Then there's the CBS crew, showing the Danny Pearl tape. UFB!

PmoneyandTT

abortion

I think the sign is fine.. Someone paid to express their opinion.. There are choices in life.. Some think Abortion is wrong, some think its fine. I am against abortion, because I think its murder. But Im not against someone making that choice for themselves. Media teaches our children that its ok to have sex if you THINK you love the person. You don't have to wait for marriage. Alot of people would disagree with me. So I think if these people can openly say sex is ok before marriage, then its ok for people to openly say "abortion sucks" My motto - if your not ready for a baby then your not ready for sex.. And mean all 4 corners of taking care of a baby.. Financial, Homebase has a foundation, maturity level is high. If you bring a baby into a disfunction situation, most of the time your going to have disfunctional issues.. Gosh, slap my face, Im bringing in my morals again..

PmoneyandTT

Uncomfortable to who

They weren't thinking uncomfortable when they were knocking boots.. What you do in the dark, will soon come to the light.. Please.. The only people that are uncomfortable are the ones that try to please people.. If you make a choice to get an abortion, then deal with the negativity that comes with it.. And people who decide to voice their opinions about how wrong they think it is, are no different then the JOES that think its ok to have sex at an early age.. They are just on different sides of the issue..

interracial

Can't trust

Ridiculous!!

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: 7/30/02 ]

Stepfather gave boy vodka through feeding tube,
officials say

Associated Press

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A 7-year-old boy with a rare medical condition was admitted to
the hospital with a potentially deadly blood-alcohol level after his stepfather allegedly
fed him vodka through a medical feeding tube.

Officials at Kosair Children's Hospital would not release the boy's condition, but his
mother, Cherie Glover, said the child was in stable condition Monday night.

The child arrived at the hospital Saturday with a 0.59 percent blood-alcohol level --
almost double the amount considered fatal in adults. It's more than seven times the
level at which a person is considered drunk.

"That's just a whopping amount," said Jefferson County Coroner Richard
Greathouse, who is a pediatrician. "It's totally, totally outrageous."

Chris Harmon was charged with first-degree criminal abuse and was being held in
the Jefferson County Jail.

Glover said her son was born with Vacteral syndrome, a cluster of birth defects that
can affect the vertebrae, anal area, limbs, esophagus, and heart and liver function.

She said the boy, who has a tracheal tube and is fed through a gastrointestinal bag,
couldn't sleep without special medication. But they stopped buying the medication
recently, after the health care program she used stopped paying for it. Without the
medication, she said, her son would scream and cry through the night.

Police said Monday the child's blood-alcohol content remained at 0.20 -- still more
than double the 0.08 level at which someone is considered drunk under Kentucky
law.

With a 0.59 blood-alcohol level, the child would likely have suffered damage to his
kidneys, heart and central nervous system, Greathouse said.

"(An adult) would have very, very severe brain damage from the effects of that
amount of alcohol," he said. "The damage on a 7-year-old child would be double or
triple that in an adult."

Lilly

The Original Lilly
I don't know what that had to with the abortion thread - but it is horrible just the same. It's sad that a child has to live that way - but even worse that his parents can care that little about his well being.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
What they did was totally wrong. But where does the insurance company get off cutting his meds? Why did they stop paying? I hate when articles don't give you all the facts. :burning:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Speaking of insurance companies and thier dastardly deeds - has anyone seen John Q.? Awesome movie! Wait . . . I will go to the review boards . . .

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Lilly
Speaking of insurance companies and thier dastardly deeds - has anyone seen John Q.? Awesome movie! Wait . . . I will go to the review boards . . .

:dude: This movie Rocked!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Kentucky Man Acquitted of Abusing Child

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A man accused of pouring vodka into his 7-year-old stepson's feeding tube was found innocent by a jury.

The boy, who suffers from a rare medical condition but survived the incident, was hospitalized in July 2002 with a blood-alcohol level of 0.59 — almost double the amount considered a fatal dose.

Christopher Harmon was acquitted Thursday of first-degree criminal abuse, which could have landed him in prison for up to 10 years.

Harmon's attorney, William Sharp, tried to shift the blame for the incident to the child's mother, Cherie Glover, who was at home during the incident and was not charged.

The jury evidently "felt there was reasonable doubt as to who did it," prosecutor Shelly Gibson said after the verdict. Glover "is disappointed, as is the commonwealth," Gibson said.

The couple have separated, and neither testified in the trial.

The boy, who suffers from a rare cluster of birth defects and had a feeding tube through the abdomen, is "back to normal" and living with Glover, Gibson said. For a time, the child was in foster care.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The Abortion Issue Sucks!

As long as there is abortion there is going to be conflict so lets just get over it and move on to something more important!!!

whats more important you say??? lets try and prevent the deaths of people that are out of the womb first and then we can consider the abortion issue!

take tobacco for instance. Tobacco kills more people in the US than AIDS, traffic crashes, homocide, suicide, alcohol and drugs combined and kills the equivalent of 2 full jumbo jets per day. lets find someway to fix this problem.

or lets find someway to fix the problem of AIDS or CANCER or any other disease that may post a threat to someone outside the womb.

:bubble:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Re: The Abortion Issue Sucks!

Originally posted by BuddyLee
Tobacco kills more people in the US than AIDS, traffic crashes, homocide, suicide, alcohol and drugs combined and kills the equivalent of 2 full jumbo jets per day. lets find someway to fix this problem.

Interesting perspective, but remember that smokers (and I am one, I am sorry to admit) have had their lives and their chances. One of the saddest facts of abortion is that someone who had nothing to do at all with creating their situation has to pay with their life.

A good friend of mine from work got one of his girlfriends pregnant and they have decided to keep the baby mostly because of that argument. I told him that I really respect that, and that his character was improved in my judgement. (not that I'm anyone special, just a friend. . .)

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: The Abortion Issue Sucks!

Originally posted by tlatchaw
Interesting perspective, but remember that smokers (and I am one, I am sorry to admit) have had their lives and their chances. One of the saddest facts of abortion is that someone who had nothing to do at all with creating their situation has to pay with their life.

A good friend of mine from work got one of his girlfriends pregnant and they have decided to keep the baby mostly because of that argument. I told him that I really respect that, and that his character was improved in my judgement. (not that I'm anyone special, just a friend. . .)

good point!! i guess the way each person looks at life is the way they will look at abortion. atleast thats what i think.