Hey Mig ... it's working!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
This sums it up:
"...dog people don't just like dogs; they worship them, admire them and need them to their very core. They think that humans, by comparison, are a sad lot — disloyal by nature, fickle, given to talking back and having opinions. Dog people are a different breed..."

SxyPrincess

I love my dog and all, but I wouldn't let her come between a relationship of mine. (Not that she ever would because she's just the sweetest, tiniest little thing.) :biggrin: I understand dogs (and cats) can be picky. If I did have an aggressive dog that didn't like my beau, I'd probably just put him/ her in another room for a bit. :shrug:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I think that would fuel more resentment. The dog would get pizzed (and probably pizz all over the room and chew stuff up) b/c you were essentially choosing the other guy over the little guy. :ohwell:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I love my dog and all, but I wouldn't let her come between a relationship of mine. (Not that she ever would because she's just the sweetest, tiniest little thing.) :biggrin: I understand dogs (and cats) can be picky. If I did have an aggressive dog that didn't like my beau, I'd probably just put him/ her in another room for a bit. :shrug:
In all honesty, my dawg has very very rarely not liked anybody. However, when he does not like somebody, I trust his instincts. So far he has been right. If he was to growl at somebody - I would throw that person out of my house. Not put the dawg in another room. Seems like animals know when something is wrong with humans. JMO

K

Katie

I would dump the guy if my dawg acted agressively(I don't have one but used to). My dawg growled at my ex and his hair went up all the time. I ignored it, my dawg was right, he was a mean mean man.

J

justhangn

I agree with you ladies.....

Dogs can read a person!!

Even my GSD has reacted to a couple of people badly.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by migtig
In all honesty, my dawg has very very rarely not liked anybody. However, when he does not like somebody, I trust his instincts. So far he has been right. If he was to growl at somebody - I would throw that person out of my house. Not put the dawg in another room. Seems like animals know when something is wrong with humans. JMO
I've had dogs that only liked females, and I've had dogs that didn't like people of color. :shrug: Did you ever think that if your dawg didn't like someone, he may be picking up on your fear?

Christy

b*tch rocket

Are you crazy woman? :yikes: TRUST YOUR DOG! They can smell a loser! Proven fact! :wink:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by crabcake
I think that would fuel more resentment. The dog would get pizzed (and probably pizz all over the room and chew stuff up) b/c you were essentially choosing the other guy over the little guy. :ohwell:
I had a real problem with my husband's dog when we first started living together. She was used to being the 'alpha beyotch' and resented me usurping her place. It all came to a head when she pizzed and sh!t all over my school books and papers I had left on the floor in the living room. :cussing:

We came to an understanding after I picked all that stuff up and put 'it' in her dog dish :yikes: and banished her outside for a day or so. I then became the 'alpha.' :lmao: We became great buddies after that. :huggy:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Christy
Are you crazy woman? :yikes: TRUST YOUR DOG! They can smell a loser! Proven fact! :wink:
Some dogs, yes, but I don't think that's true for every one of them.

Basically, what you're saying is...if your parents came over to see your new dog, and Rover started growling at one of your parents, you tell them to take a hike? No, you'd put the dog elsewhere until your parents left.

K

Katie

Re: I agree with you ladies.....

Originally posted by justhangn
Dogs can read a person!!

Even my GSD has reacted to a couple of people badly.

Your GSD liked me :biggrin:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Basically, what you're saying is...if your parents came over to see your new dog, and Rover started growling at one of your parents, you tell them to take a hike? No, you'd put the dog elsewhere until your parents left.

parents visit ... that's one thing. but most people date someone with the idea that they may be around long term and live together and you don't want to be sticking the dog in a closet or other room for the rest of its life. that's unfair to the dog. :frown:

J

justhangn

Re: Re: I agree with you ladies.....

Originally posted by Katie
Your GSD liked me :biggrin:

Hmmm, good point........can't trust her afterall. :lmao:

I'm just playing. :huggy:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by migtig

I thought your dog had "issues" with all men, unless they're in uniform? :confused:

My dog hates kids, pretty much all kids but my own. However, Sxy's daughter has managed to win him over. :biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Christy
I thought your dog had "issues" with all men, unless they're in uniform? :confused:

My dog hates kids, pretty much all kids but my own. However, Sxy's daughter has managed to win him over. :biggrin:
:lmao: he prefers and listens (minds) women - cause he is raised by one I guess. He likes uniforms - all uniforms - and I honestly can't figure that one out unless they are projecting an air of authority. But he isn't antagonistic nor aggressive with anybody else. He has only been that way three times and each time I believed my dawg was probably on the mark.