Lerp

Toxick

Splat
Anyone familiar with Lerps? Particularly the terminology of the elements used with them?

I have to document something, and I don't want to come off sounding like a complete imbecile.

TIA
:nerd:

Toxick

Splat
So I guess I'll take that as a big ol' negative.

:ohwell:

I suppose I can BS my way through the documentation.

Toxick

Splat

Thanks. I already looked online. Wikipedia was my first stop.

I know what a lerp is, and how use them. In fact, it seems that I've been using them for years... I just never knew that it had a name until recently. Anyway, none of those sites explain the terminology that I need.

Here's what I need if anyone happens by and knows the answer to this:

interpolatedValue = Lerp( minimum, maximum, X )

I need to know what terminology to apply to the X value. It's the variable which is interpolated between min and max. Right now I'm just calling it "the variable which is interpolated between min and max" and I was hoping to shorten that down a bit. It makes this thing exhausting to read.

G

Goyde

Thanks. I already looked online. Wikipedia was my first stop.

I know what a lerp is, and how use them. In fact, it seems that I've been using them for years... I just never knew that it had a name until recently. Anyway, none of those sites explain the terminology that I need.

Here's what I need if anyone happens by and knows the answer to this:

interpolatedValue = Lerp( minimum, maximum, X )

I need to know what terminology to apply to the X value. It's the variable which is interpolated between min and max. Right now I'm just calling it "the variable which is interpolated between min and max" and I was hoping to shorten that down a bit. It makes this thing exhausting to read.

Could it be called the median interpolated value ?

Toxick

Splat
Could it be called the median interpolated value ?

I don't think so.

It's basically a fractional number between 0.0 and 1.0 which indicates where along a line you want to indicate. Like if you had a line segment that spans from {0,0} to {2,2}, and you passed the function a value of .25, the resulting interpolated value would be {.5, .5}, one quarter of the way between min and max... I need to know what the ".25" is called. A median interpolated value would imply a collection of results, and you grab the middle one (to me anyway).

G

Goyde

I don't think so.

It's basically a fractional number between 0.0 and 1.0 which indicates where along a line you want to indicate. Like if you had a line segment that spans from {0,0} to {2,2}, and you passed the function a value of .25, the resulting interpolated value would be {.5, .5}, one quarter of the way between min and max... I need to know what the ".25" is called. A median interpolated value would imply a collection of results, and you grab the middle one (to me anyway).

Ok you win.